“Very nice hotel”
Review of Clarion Hotel Sign

Ranked #52 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent location in the city centerconvenient as a base for sightseeing. Helpful and friendly stuff. Nice, spacious and quite room with an excellent view. Delicous breakfast.I would certainly stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
clarionsign, Marketing Coordinator at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 446galinat,

Thank you for taking the time giving us feedback about your stay at Clarion Hotel Sign. I can only agree, our location in the heartbeat of Stockholm is absolutely magnificent. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back soon again!

There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel Sign

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice and modern hotel in the city center, good breakfasts. Everything you need if you travel on business! This was not my first stay in this hotel and what I desperately missed this time in August 2017 is smoked salmon to the breakfast! Please, return it back, it's somehow the visit card of Scandinavia!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Dear 485stanislavam,

Thank you for sharing some words about your stay. It's absolutely great to read about your experience and how pleased you are with everything. Considering your missing smoked salmon, i can inform you that we don't serve that during the summer, but the summer is over and now, the smoked salmon is back. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back soon again!

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Not a luxury hotel, but good value for expensive Stockholm.This hotel was clean, modern and well appointed. Staff couldn't have been more helpful. The front lobby area is being updated/modernized so it is a bit tricky, but not problematic. The biggest issue was the totally obnoxious tour groups hogging the doorways of the lobby as well as the sidewalk out front with their freaking suitcases and totally oblivious to anyone else trying to get around them. This was a nightmare to maneuver around. Breakfast was decent and plentiful. The hotel is very well situated if coming or going by train and not a bad walk from the touristic things. Would use this hotel again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tunasf

Dear tunasf,

Thank you for taking the time writing a couple of words about your stay at our hotel. I'm so glad that you got a great experience while staying with us and that my colleagues were helpful. We are very proud over our breakfast since it's both organic and fairtrade, so it's wonderful to read that you enjoyed it!

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back soon again!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I stayed in Stockholm for business, and booked this hotel for 4 nights. I did not know they were re-doing the dining/breakfast areas (I wish I had known), and arriving late on a sunday I had to go out on town to get something to eat (as the roof-top bar only offered a few choices and it was freezing cold that night). The rooms are ok, I got one with a carpet (which I hate but that is a personal preference, I suppose you can ask for other options as I know they have it, an I will next time if I go back), but otherwise the cleaning was ok and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was nice but only with a shower and they did not refill the condiments everyday which left me without lotion on the morning of check-out (a minor setback but as I travel a lot I prefer not to take my own stuff everywhere). The staff were really helpful and friendly, so I have nothing to complain about there, only praise :) It must be difficult to work and please customers in the environment that is currently their workplace.
Breakfast was temporarily served in a large room, and I suppose they did their best at it but I would like some more organic options (or if they are, let me know), and the coffee was really crap, so that along with the renovation going on leaves them at 3 out of 5. I will probably come back as I like the location, and I prefer Clarion to the other hotel-chains i Sweden. The small but un-crowded and comfortable rooftop bar (and friendliness of the staff) will perhaps make me upgrade my gradíng then, but as it is now with the temporary breakfast and annoyance of work-men running all over the place, and watery coffee - its a 3.

Room Tip: They have rooms with or without carpet, so ask for your favourite.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Katrin L,

Thank you for writing this feedback about your stay. I'm sorry that our renovation didn't make your stay as comfortable as you hoped for. The renovation is now over and i'm sure that you will get a much better experience next time you come to us. The lobby is beautiful and the new restaurant and bar Kitchen & Table Norrmalm is a really cool environment to enjoy cocktails and great flavours in.

The breakfast is something we're really proud over since it's both organic and fairtrade. So thank you for letting us know that it's not as clear for you as it is for us. It's great to read that you got wonderful service from all my colleagues, we are a true dream team at Sign, so i'm just so proud that you mention it.

I hope you choose us the next time you will visit Stockholm so we get the opportunity to show you how a true Clarion Sign experience should be.

Have a wonderful thursday.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

A hotel with 4 elevators for more than 520 rooms. After a long wait you have to undergo deafening music in the elevator. The room had a floor with black marks, the toilet bowl was very economical.
As for the breakfast, the room was under renovation, with no information from the hotel when I booked. Also we were parked in a sort of hall, without window with as a bonus the sound of saws, the odors of paint ...
The coffee was infamous, and when I asked for an espresso, the answer was that the machines did not work during the work.
As for the spa, it is chargeable, small, the cleanliness of the vest and pool are questionable, accessible to non residents with always a deafening music

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tmf2006
clarionsign, Marketing Coordinator at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear mguebel,

Thank you for your review and feedback. It's so sad that you describe your stay at our hotel as a nightmare, we don't want any of our guests to leave with that kind of feeling. Considering the music, that's our passion. Our hotel is all about music, art and design, so it's always action here in the heartbeat of the city.

I truly hope that you give us another chance and come back to us, now that the renovation is over. The new breakfast area and lobby is stunning!

Have a wonderful summer.