“Delicious sushi”

Ranked #221 of 3,230 Restaurants in Stockholm
Neighbourhood: Vasastan
Neighbourhood: Vasastan
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

This is a great little sushi restaurant. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food is great! Fantastic take away. Much recommended

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

It was the first time for me to try out this restaurant and I was not disappointed! I really recommend it! It is good value for money, delicious sushi and good price! The restaurant is situated centrally - nearby st Eriksplan subway.

Recommend it!

Reviewed 30 November 2016

We decided to try this place for dinner. As we had seen it before and the place is not cosy we went for take-away. We called and ordered and they asked us to be there 15 mins later. We arrived 20 mins later and we paid and they asked us to wait.

The place was a mess, there is no place to wait and they didn't even offer us to sit by (one of the many) empty tables they had. The floor was disgusting, very dirty. The place is very loud and chaotic, not much space to move around, but still the staff is moving and shouting around. All tables are full of empty plates, and glasses and no- one (at least during the time I was there), took care of it.

After waiting another 40 mins and having to complain about our order, we finally got the food. Unfortunately it was huge rolls, with no clear shape and terrible presentation. And whenever you picked a piece the roll got destroyed, the rice was completely falling apart (not how sushi rice should be).

It was a pity because they do have really good prices and the sushi creations are great! The flavours could be awesome if they just cared al little bit about presentation and service.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

Very delicious sushi! Good price too, good quality and quantity! The pieces were larger than usual budget sushi. I tried 8 pieces for 85 kr (I think). Very colorful plate with a lot of side ingredients like fried onion, chili mayo, caviar. It felt expensive but it was cheap!

Although one of the staff members was very rude and wanted to pick our plates when we still had food left... But overall very nice and probably one of the best budget-sushi in Stockholm! They were really quick with their service.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

I didn't expect much when stepping into Esa after failing to get a seat at another restaurant without reservation on a busy night. I've always been skeptical about fusion sushi - especially the ones with mayo! However, its nigiri sushi was simply the best I ever had and of good value too. Attracted with the mouthwatering presentation, I ordered the 11-piece set which included my favourites, unagi (eel) and chuka iidako (baby octopus). I usually have to buy them separately in where I live - so it was a delightful surprise. The menu also included matcha, miso soup and wakame salad at only 120 SEK. Despite the long queues, the staff remained friendly and delivered top-notch service. I would definitely visit this little gem on my next visits to Stockholm!