“Great Thai food and friendly staff ”
Review of Thaikoket

Thaikoket
Ranked #809 of 3,420 Restaurants in Stockholm
Neighbourhood: SoFo & Medborgarplatsen
Neighbourhood: SoFo & Medborgarplatsen
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I originally headed to Södermalm to have dinner at the Thaiboat, but when I made it there there it was very crowded and I was told there was a long wait for a table, so I decided to find somewhere else to have dinner.

As I walked back toward the city center I stumbled across this little local Thai place on a side street.

It's a small basic restaurant with a few tables outside on the sidewalk. The waitress was super friendly and the food was great and VERY reasonably priced.

I had the satay chicken skewers with peanut sauce as a starter and Padang curry with chicken for my main. The curry was just spicy enough to give a little "kick", but not so spicy it was too much. The portion was generous.

I will definitely be back the next time I'm in town and highly recommended it!

Reviewed 12 March 2017

Cosy atmosphere, good service, good food.
Tasted both the padthai of my friend and my own red curry, and they both were excellent!

Reviewed 30 November 2016

Strange that you had to order food in one room and then go in to another to eat, anyways the food was great and enough, interior is pretty old. but all in all a good enough restaurant.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Took a chance on Thaiköket when looking for somewhere to take my vegetarian in-laws, as the vast majority of meal options offer a choice of chicken, beef, duck, quorn, or tofu.

Outside the place looks fairly uninposing. Inside however, it's nicely decorated, peaceful and cosy, with friendly and accommodating staff who were attentive without being pushy.

The waitress brought small complimentary bowls of salad and rice crackers while we waited for our main meals, which was lovely. Then we had various dishes of tofu and chicken (me being the murderous meat eater), all equally delicious and fresh, with generous helpings of rice. The spice rating is pretty spot-on, so don't go Rambo on the 3-chilli options unless you're feeling confident. The fried banana and toffee ice cream pudding is also equally delicious. For drinks, they also offer various beers, wines, teas and soft drinks.

It looked like many customers order takeaway, but with such a pleasant atmosphere, it's a lovely option for dinner if you're looking for something nice but not overly fancy. Prices are also fairly reasonable for Stockholm. Recommended.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

We were looking for some Thai close to our hotel when we came across this place. It did not have too many reviews, nor did it have too many patrons, but we decided to try it anyways. And we are glad we visited. It was excellent thai food, hot, fresh and plentiful. And mostly affordable. We shared 1 Red thai curry and it was enough. They have vegetarian options which was a huge plus.