All reviews queen room pancake machine gamla stan old town crystal chandelier perfect location lovely hotel bed was very comfortable rooms are small thoroughly enjoyed our stay third floor within walking distance loved this hotel wonderful city breakfast was excellent quiet street vasa museum
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I spent a snowy long weekend at the hotel in early March and found it to be the ideal place for us. From the very beginning, which was the email invitation to arrange activities during our stay, our every wish was catered to. The concierge team of Adam von Mentzer and Linus Nerman were exceptional. Adam steered us from the very beginning to restaurants and activities that fit our tastes and, when he learned that we would be there for our wedding anniversary, he arranged delightful surprises for us. They both represented "Les Clefs d'Or" concierges with excellence and professionalism.

The hotel itself is very comfortable and the restaurant is very good. Our room had a fireplace and a grand view of the garden and skating rink. The location on the garden itself made it convenient to dining, shopping, and sites. We loved the hotel and Stockholm and we plan to return.

Room tip: We had a king room which was gorgeous. I hear the queen rooms are also very comfortable. It was winter so the surrounding areas were quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HotelKungstradgarden, Chef Concierge at Hotel Kungstradgarden, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Chris L,

It's humbling to say the least to have such wonderful things said about oneself, and the team, and I can't thank you enough for taking your time to write such kind words.
It was a true pleasure being able to be at your service, both as an ambassador for the hotel and for Les Clefs d'Or Sweden. I'm very pleased that we lived up to your expectations and were able to give you a memorable anniversary.
Needless to say, we would be more than delighted to have you stay with us soon again.

Sincerest regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Great location just few steps from the garden.

Nice rooms, slightly small but in such location it is rather understandable

Quite big gym, while additional equipment would be nice there.

Elegant restaurant.

Will come back!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mind K
HotelKungstradgarden, Chef Concierge at Hotel Kungstradgarden, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear Mind K,

I'm happy to hear that you had a good stay with us and I would also like to thank you for taking your time to write your review.
So with all this in mind, would you like me to make a new reservation for you?

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We had a warm and helpful greeting when we arrived, which is always nice!
Our bedroom had an enormous chandelier, which made everything feel very opulent. The bed was large, super comfy and had really nice quality bedding. I'd love to know what the duvets were made of as they were so snug. There whole room was well designed, with a mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities and safe all in one cupboard. Overall there wasn't much storage space which was a little awkward but we coped. Everything was spotlessly clean and looked very fresh and welcoming.
The whole hotel interior is beautifully designed with a huge chandelier in the Champagne bar, which sadly wasn’t open.
The breakfast buffet was very good. We also had drinks in the bar one evening and the barman was both friendly and knowledgeable.
The hotel is in a good location. Down a quiet street but only a 10 minute walk from the Central Station and a similar distance to walk to Gamla Stan.
I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear English_Al,

You have really used some wonderful words to describe our hotel and it really makes one proud to be a part of this property. Apart from that it was a treat to read your wonderful review, it was of course lovely to have you stay with us.
I dearly hope we will have the delight to have you as our guests again, in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely, atmospheric, hotel. Rooms are city sized but have all the amenities and are very clean. We had #502 which had a bedroom and sitting room and two bathrooms so although the rooms are small we had more than enough space. Loved the heated bathroom floor.
Breakfast was fab, my husband reckoned the quality was better than The Bellaggio in Vegas. The choice was excellent, good, normal, european fare, and the staff very attentive.
The staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and accommodating. There's also a French restaurant on site, the menu looked enticing but we didn't have time to try it out.
Location is central and within a stones throw of all transport options. Very short walks to shopping, old town, ferry piers, restaurants and many other attractions.
Would thoroughly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank lmtighe

Dear Imtighe,

There is a first time for everything and this is certainly the first time ever that we’ve been compared to the Bellagio, which is a great honour! And as breakfasts are one of the key factors for choosing hotels, it’s even more of an honour to hear that we surpassed them. The two of you, literally, have great taste!
So it’s from the bottom of all our hearts that I thank you for your ever so kind and lovely review. I’m very happy that you decided to stay with us and we would be more than delighted if you came to stay with us again.

Sincerest regards,

Adam Von Mentzer

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in a very central location which made it easy to explore Stockholm on foot. It’s right next to the Kings Garden Park which hosts music events in the summer so I guess it could be noisy hence the ear plugs in our room. However, for us, it was very quiet... super quiet, in fact. The room was delightful and the super king sized bed so comfy that my wife and I think it was the most comfy bed we’ve ever slept in. The breakfasts are excellent and the staff very helpful and friendly. We would definitely stay again if we visited Stockholm. Only 2 of their rooms have baths, the rest have showers.... but what a superb shower it was....!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HotelKungstradgarden, Chef Concierge at Hotel Kungstradgarden, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear A319George,

We are ever so happy to have had you come stay with us and thank you for your kind review! I remember we talked about the beds and yes, they are very, very comfortable (the brand is Jensen, in case you forgot). And considering that bed comfort is one of the cornerstones of a hotel stay, your words ensure us that we’ve made the right choices.

In any case, I'm delighted to hear that you hade a great stay and I dearly hope that we will have the pleasure of having you come stay with us again, is not just for the beds.