All reviews queen room pancake machine gamla stan indoor courtyard old town perfect location crystal chandelier nk department store lovely hotel beautiful design bed was very comfortable rooms are lovely a stones throw great boutique thoroughly enjoyed our stay rooms are small hot and cold dishes
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely, atmospheric, hotel. Rooms are city sized but have all the amenities and are very clean. We had #502 which had a bedroom and sitting room and two bathrooms so although the rooms are small we had more than enough space. Loved the heated bathroom floor.
Breakfast was fab, my husband reckoned the quality was better than The Bellaggio in Vegas. The choice was excellent, good, normal, european fare, and the staff very attentive.
The staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and accommodating. There's also a French restaurant on site, the menu looked enticing but we didn't have time to try it out.
Location is central and within a stones throw of all transport options. Very short walks to shopping, old town, ferry piers, restaurants and many other attractions.
Would thoroughly recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lmtighe
HotelKungstradgarden, Chef Concierge at The King's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear Imtighe,

There is a first time for everything and this is certainly the first time ever that we’ve been compared to the Bellagio, which is a great honour! And as breakfasts are one of the key factors for choosing hotels, it’s even more of an honour to hear that we surpassed them. The two of you, literally, have great taste!
So it’s from the bottom of all our hearts that I thank you for your ever so kind and lovely review. I’m very happy that you decided to stay with us and we would be more than delighted if you came to stay with us again.

Sincerest regards,

Adam Von Mentzer

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in a very central location which made it easy to explore Stockholm on foot. It’s right next to the Kings Garden Park which hosts music events in the summer so I guess it could be noisy hence the ear plugs in our room. However, for us, it was very quiet... super quiet, in fact. The room was delightful and the super king sized bed so comfy that my wife and I think it was the most comfy bed we’ve ever slept in. The breakfasts are excellent and the staff very helpful and friendly. We would definitely stay again if we visited Stockholm. Only 2 of their rooms have baths, the rest have showers.... but what a superb shower it was....!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
HotelKungstradgarden, Chef Concierge at The King's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear A319George,

We are ever so happy to have had you come stay with us and thank you for your kind review! I remember we talked about the beds and yes, they are very, very comfortable (the brand is Jensen, in case you forgot). And considering that bed comfort is one of the cornerstones of a hotel stay, your words ensure us that we’ve made the right choices.

In any case, I'm delighted to hear that you hade a great stay and I dearly hope that we will have the pleasure of having you come stay with us again, is not just for the beds.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

This hotel is on a one way system on a cobbled alley, the car parking, I think, is in underground car park very close by, at least that is the car park we found. Then we had to drag our bags through the shopping centre which the car park is under, and find the hotel from wherever we popped out. not very efficient for us, newbies in this hotel. Stockholm traffic does you no favours, maybe no problems in a taxi, but overnight parking cost us SEK320, €32. On the plus side, you are parking in a shopping centre, so shopping is right at your fingertips, at Swedish prices, wow!

When we entered reception we could have turned round and ordered a drink at the bar, or by turning 45 degrees we could have ordered a meal at the restaurant. It's a nice place, but it is small, full of angles, and little claustrophobic, and this was the open areas. The restaurant is in the atrium, made by throwing a glass roof over the courtyard between four storeys of the surrounding buildings. The restaurant is small, and other than the ground floor, offers a twenty step uplift to a couple of tables, then upwards, upwards into the gods.

Anyway, the staff were very nice Tove who was serving and Jeanette the Maitre D'hotel. Breakfast was fine, efficient lay out, good as anything else, but the bedroom was worth commenting on.

The rooms were tiny, I had to stand in the corridor to photograph the entrance. If you use the loo, you bang your hip on the sink, the bathroom is the width of a cupboard. All the accoutrements are reflective of a good quality hotel, but the size of the room isn't.

The bed just about fits, there is nowhere to put your bags without blocking your entrance and egress of the room. It was ridiculously small. Room 315, avoid if you are American or just big generally. The room was OK size wise before they put the very nice en-suite in. Everything is good quality but all too tight together in the room. Bed is comfortable, can't fault anything except the size. There is an ironing board and all the parts, fridge, safe , but they are tailored into their tiny space.

The corridor between rooms is also tight, and there is a two foot drop on a slope to the lift, no steps,just a sudden amazing slope of 45 degrees that appears under foot.

So with a bigger room, this would have been lovely, but in the claustrophobic cupboard that is the room, the qaulity made it bearable, just.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Fishbangle
HotelKungstradgarden, Chef Concierge at The King's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Fishbangle,

Thank you for taking our time to write your review. I'm happy to hear that most aspects were to your liking but it is of course unfortunate that our Single rooms were a bit too small for you. I can warmly recommend that you book one of our larger categories, Queen or King, for your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I have business in Stockholm for several weeks at a time over the next several months. Besides a good rate, the staff of the hotel are terrific. Adam and Linus constantly seek to make my stay comfortable and interesting. The rooms are quiet and upscale and the breakfast is first class. I cannot say enough good thinks about this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
HotelKungstradgarden, Chef Concierge at The King's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear klwrcl,

It is such a pleasure that you have made our hotel your home-away-from-home during you long visits to Stockholm and it is a true pleasure of having you as our guest. I very much look forward to seeing you soon again and, I'm pleased to say, spring finally seems to have arrived in Stockholm.
Safe travels and happy landings!

Sincere regards,

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I was happy with my stay here. My room was very clean but pretty small, which I should expect in Europe, so it was fine. I think it was a bargain at the price I paid. The breakfast was substantial and included.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Dear luv2trvl98,

It's always a pleasure to hear from satisfied guests and I'm very greatful for your review. So thank you for staying with us and I hope we'll see you here soon again.

Best regards,