All reviewsqueen roompancake machinegamla stanindoor courtyardold townperfect locationcrystal chandeliernk department storelovely hotelbeautiful designrooms are lovelybed was very comfortablea stones throwgreat boutiquerooms are smallthoroughly enjoyed our stayhot and cold dishes
Reviewed 24 March 2018

This hotel is on a one way system on a cobbled alley, the car parking, I think, is in underground car park very close by, at least that is the car park we found. Then we had to drag our bags through the shopping centre which the car park is under, and find the hotel from wherever we popped out. not very efficient for us, newbies in this hotel. Stockholm traffic does you no favours, maybe no problems in a taxi, but overnight parking cost us SEK320, €32. On the plus side, you are parking in a shopping centre, so shopping is right at your fingertips, at Swedish prices, wow!

When we entered reception we could have turned round and ordered a drink at the bar, or by turning 45 degrees we could have ordered a meal at the restaurant. It's a nice place, but it is small, full of angles, and little claustrophobic, and this was the open areas. The restaurant is in the atrium, made by throwing a glass roof over the courtyard between four storeys of the surrounding buildings. The restaurant is small, and other than the ground floor, offers a twenty step uplift to a couple of tables, then upwards, upwards into the gods.

Anyway, the staff were very nice Tove who was serving and Jeanette the Maitre D'hotel. Breakfast was fine, efficient lay out, good as anything else, but the bedroom was worth commenting on.

The rooms were tiny, I had to stand in the corridor to photograph the entrance. If you use the loo, you bang your hip on the sink, the bathroom is the width of a cupboard. All the accoutrements are reflective of a good quality hotel, but the size of the room isn't.

The bed just about fits, there is nowhere to put your bags without blocking your entrance and egress of the room. It was ridiculously small. Room 315, avoid if you are American or just big generally. The room was OK size wise before they put the very nice en-suite in. Everything is good quality but all too tight together in the room. Bed is comfortable, can't fault anything except the size. There is an ironing board and all the parts, fridge, safe , but they are tailored into their tiny space.

The corridor between rooms is also tight, and there is a two foot drop on a slope to the lift, no steps,just a sudden amazing slope of 45 degrees that appears under foot.

So with a bigger room, this would have been lovely, but in the claustrophobic cupboard that is the room, the qaulity made it bearable, just.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Fishbangle
HotelKungstradgarden, Chef Concierge at The King's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Fishbangle,

Thank you for taking our time to write your review. I'm happy to hear that most aspects were to your liking but it is of course unfortunate that our Single rooms were a bit too small for you. I can warmly recommend that you book one of our larger categories, Queen or King, for your next visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I have business in Stockholm for several weeks at a time over the next several months. Besides a good rate, the staff of the hotel are terrific. Adam and Linus constantly seek to make my stay comfortable and interesting. The rooms are quiet and upscale and the breakfast is first class. I cannot say enough good thinks about this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
HotelKungstradgarden, Chef Concierge at The King's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear klwrcl,

It is such a pleasure that you have made our hotel your home-away-from-home during you long visits to Stockholm and it is a true pleasure of having you as our guest. I very much look forward to seeing you soon again and, I'm pleased to say, spring finally seems to have arrived in Stockholm.
Safe travels and happy landings!

Sincere regards,

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I was happy with my stay here. My room was very clean but pretty small, which I should expect in Europe, so it was fine. I think it was a bargain at the price I paid. The breakfast was substantial and included.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Dear luv2trvl98,

It's always a pleasure to hear from satisfied guests and I'm very greatful for your review. So thank you for staying with us and I hope we'll see you here soon again.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

The staff is more than helpful.
We stayed here for two nights and I can more than recommend this hotel!
Super cosy rooms…awesome breakfast…
The location is very good to explore Gamla Stan or even Östermalm.
Will definitely come back!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear john_utah1,

I'm ever so pleased that the two of you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and we were very glad to have you here. So next time you’re heading to Stockholm, please make sure to contact me and I’ll make the necessary arrangements for you to yet again have a great stay.

All the best,

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Searched for a good hotel downtown and this was a perfect choice. Staff is really friendly, you feel welcome. Rooms are according to 4* standard, well maintained and equipped. Single rooms are small but ok. Breakfast is great with self service. Just the hotel bar closes at 23:00h, but there are other places within short walking distance. A clear recommendation in Stockholm having it's own character making a difference to the big chains.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear Rolf K,

I'm happy to hear that you had a good stay with us and that you are pleased with our services and facilities.
Thank you for taking your time to share your review and I hope we'll have you come stay with us soon again.