“Anniversary dinner”

Cuisines: Swedish, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

While travelling in Sweden we were told this restaurant was a must try. We made a reservation online to have dinner the night of our anniversary.
Servers were great, very friendly and attentive. Great selection of beer and the fois gois off the snack menu was amazing.
I ordered the short ribs and my husband ordered the snitzel and both meals were fantastic.
I highly recommend this restaurant for those of who truly love and appreciate good food that is cooked with attention and detail.

2  Thank McGregor4

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This gastropub close to the bridge on the edge of Gamla Stan is a nice choice. The fish and chips were outstanding, and the duck my husband had was good as well. What we really enjoyed, as beer aficionados (and why we chose The Flying Elk) was the outstanding beer list.

Rather pricey, but so is the rest of Sweden. We recommend The Flying Elk, especially for beer lovers.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

When 15 people walk into a busy restaurant, after a day at an exhibition, that is booked, and the maitre de says "I have somewhere in cellar that might work", it has to be applauded.

We had access to a small bar with an excellent waiter who spoke to the chef when he realised there might be 15 burger ordered. When he was told there were only 9 his quick thinking meant that some of our group had the amazing Veal escalopes with a sauce that can only be described as heavenly.

I had the burger and triple cooked chips - delicious. Meat cooked med-rare to order, just enough jalapeño and strong cheese with crunchy salted chips.

They have a wide selection of beers and wines available and you can book online.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing evening here and we both tried the short ribs which turned out to an amazing choice - the flavours of the food and presentation were both exceptional. The skinny fries a great accompaniment and not quite as expected - even better ! Would fully recommend this Michelin starred restaurant to anyone visiting Stockholm!!

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Came here with a massive appetite after a day walking around Stockholm and didn't leave disappointed. The beer menu was good (I particularly enjoyed the locally-brewed Sleepy Bulldog Pale Ale) and the food was excellent. I got the tasty fried pork rinds with creamy chipotle sauce and the absolutely delicious "Spice Girl" burger with fries. Staff was very friendly and accommodating -- the main restaurant was completely booked for the night but they quickly found a place for me in the pub area.

If you're looking for great meal in a welcoming atmosphere that isn't outrageously expensive, I'd recommend checking out the Flying Elk.