1,734 results
All reviews rooftop bar sun deck central station arlanda express perfect location modern style corner room gamla stan old town without windows great bar business trip city hall hotel guests breakfast room few minutes walk fantastic hotel
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Perfect location for stay in stockholm. T central metro station is right below the property. Number of restaurants are nearby. Hotel has nice gym and sauna facilities. Bars on 1st floor and 8th floor as well as small one in lobby. Mostly crowded. Room rates can be reasonable if booked well in advance. Decent breakfast menu, although it gets boring after a while. Not many options for lunch and dinner within hotel. venture outside for better options. Location was too good for my short stay. Really enjoyed. Thanks scandic

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Sussie L, Informationsansvarig at Scandic Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Deepamberkar
Thank you for choosing Scandic Continental. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed so many aspects of you stay with us. Guests like you are a joy to host and we hope you will join us for another Stockholm adventure soon.
Wish you a warm welcome back!
Kind regards, Sussie

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I was working in Stockholm for a couple of months and stayed in a range of hotels including the Sheraton, Radisson Blu Waterfront and Clarion. This was my favourite of all the places I stayed. Location is excellent, the rooms are comfortable and well-designed but not too fussy, decent showers and great bed. Plenty of great places near by to eat at and the breakfast at the Market restaurant was a very close second to the Sheraton. What really stood out was the excellent lobby which had plenty of space for working, was very spacious and had Caldo Coffee and Vete-Katten, the fantastic bakery right by. I was able to get a lot of work done down there and positively enjoyed being there. My practice was to spend each week in a different hotel so I could see different parts of central Stockholm. Once I came here I stopped doing so as it was unlikely I would find anything better. Kudos to to the friendly and helpful reception staff who gave great assistance after SAS lost my luggage. Will only come here if I am in Stockholm for a work trip again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Sussie L, Informationsansvarig at Scandic Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Maacone.
Thank you for your stay and for your great review! It is really awarding to read that you were happy with your visit. Thank you for expressing your satisfaction about our rooms and breakfast buffe as well as our popular lobby area. We are very fortunate to have this great location of the hotel. I will make sure to forward your kind words to my whole team.
I am looking forward to welcome you again. In the meantime we wish you all the best.
Kind regards, Sussie

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Our family of 4 stayed here (2 rooms) in March 2018 for 4 nights visiting family.

Pros:
Location of the hotel is fab, pretty much in the heart of Stockholm and adjoined to the central train/tube station so really easy to get about.

The rooftop bar was also great with a buzzing amosphere of both hotel guests and locals - something that sets itself apart from other hotels in the city.
Didn't feel too prenentious like many bars of this ilk. Drinks also not too overpriced.

Reception staff were friendly and helpful when we enquired about a taxi booking.

The rooms were nice and modern, perhaps a little on the small side and I'm not sure we ever got the air con to work, not a big problem given the time of year but could be during the coming summer months.
The lack of wardrobe/cupboard space was also a bit annoying and also left the room feeling messy, sure this wouldn't be an issue for guests staying 1/2 nights but we were there for 4.

Cons:
Whilst the taste and variety at breakfast was good, the "hot" food on offer was never very "hot" but warm at best, particularly the porridge on offer to which we complained about.

There was also only one toaster which made the bread area quite chaotic and caused ques - maybe an industrial toaster would work better or needs an additional one at least.

Our biggest issue was that during the week breakfast finishes at 9:30, and then on times we felt we were quite abruptly told to exit the breakfast room by 10am - this seems very early compared to other hotels and I don't like feeling rushed when on my holiday. We also saw staff cleaning away breakfast at 9.25 before breakfast actually finishes which was frustrating.
Overall it felt that lunchtime guests were prioritised over hotel guests using the same room for breakfast, I think this hotel needs to appreciate you also have tourists staying with you, not just business people needing to be up at the crack of dawn.

However, we appreciate breakfast is available until 12 on weekend mornings, both on level 1 and 3 (11am on level 3) - this was much more relaxing.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel however we think there is definitely room for improvement with simple issues that could do with being addressed.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear LeedsC21
Thank you for this well-written review. We feel privileged that you and your family chose to spend your 4 nights stay with us and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and appreciated the room, our friendly staff, the rooftop bar as well as our central location.
We appreciate your honest and valuable feedback regarding our breakfast area. We will take further actions in this matter and I can assure you that your comments will be forwarded to our team working within this area.
We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!
Kind regards,
Sussie

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I have been visiting the hotel in March 2018, the only positive aspect of the hotel is the location, just in front of the Central station, directly connected with trains and metro through an indoor path. The Hotel has a bar located on the 8th floor, with a nice sightseeing, drinks are acceptable, although you'll be asked to pay also for nuts and olives. The worst aspect of this hotels is rooms. I have been staying in what the hotel calls "cabin room" which is a no-window room, this was not explicit on the reservation. The room had only a rail for hanging clothes and forced ventilation, with no possibility to control temperature. I asked to change room on arrival and it has been quite rudely responded that hotel was full but I could have easily opted for some other hotel and cancel the reservation, of course offering no help at all. The breakfast is another dreadful experience, as the room is small and there is almost a fight for a place to seat. I have been forced eating two days in a raw sitting at the bar. Worth saying personnel is really supportive as they perfectly understand the frustration of customers. In one word this is really one of the worse hotels I have been staying for business, and surely I will never be there again.

Room tip: Simply avoid this hotel and reserve somewhere else
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Camila C, Informationsansvarig at Scandic Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Maurizio,
First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us this well writen review and share with you opinions with us regarding your recent stay. I am glad to hear that the location of the hotel was convenient for you and that you enjoyed the view over Stockholm City from our popular roof topbar Capital. We do have different types of room categories in the hotel which our guest can chose between when they book with external booking channels. It is more difficult for us to offer room change for our guest when we are fully booked, still we do our best to accomodate all of our guests preferences. I have forwarded you comment to the front office department to be overviewed. We are aware that the breakfast situation during weekend can be hectic in between some specific hours and for that reason offer our guests to enjoy the breakfast sitting at the bar and some days we even serve a special breakfast buffet in the lobby area. We would love to welcome you back and let you get another experience, please send an email to feedback@scandichotels.com and we will get back to you.
Kind regards, Camila

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I stayed here for one night in between flights. It's incredibly convenient to the Central station (right across the street) so very easy to access from the airport. I stayed in a cheaper room described on the website as not having a window as that did not matter to me. The room was still a nice size and very good. Nice products in the bathroom. The breakfast was included and had a lot of very good options.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Shelly,
Thank you so much for this great review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the location of the hotel was convenient for you. I am glad to hear that you had a good start of the day while visiting our popular breakfast buffet after having a good night sleep in our comfortable cabin rooms.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to us in the near future!
Kind regards, Camila