“Definitely not 5 star”
Review of Nobis Hotel

Ranked #17 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Disappointing. It just lacked basic things like a TV that could have the volume raised, a mini bar that contained cold drinks, and very little water pressure.

The rooms here are basically closets. It is not a vacationing hotel but rather a business hotel for those who could not find anything else available in town.

Book at your own risk and prepare for disappointment to be on the safe side.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Jeffrey C
HotelNobis, Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Dear Jac29,

thank you for your review ! We always appreciate candid feedback from our guests, allowing us to gauge our ambition against our performance.
I am sorry to hear that there appears to have been a technical defect in both your minibar cooler and the remote control of your television during your visit. Naturally, the volume of the TV can be adjusted and the minibar contains cold drinks. Did you advise our reception or the concierge of the problem ?
As you know, batteries can run dry, and we are quick in providing replacements as soon as we know. Also, we would immediately have moved you to another room in case your minibar was defective, or should this have been to much hassle for you, at least provided an ice bucket.
Nobis Hotel is an eco-labelled hotel, so the water pressure for the sink faucet is indeed reglutated to avoid unnecessary splashing from the sink, as well as preserving resources.
As you may have noticed the water pressure in the shower leaves nothing to be desired.
It is true that our single rooms are on the small side, as is stipulated in the room description. The single rooms are 15 sqm and are compact, hence also the quite favourable rate. But do let us know when you're in town next time, and I would be happy to upgrade you to a large double, so you can get the full experience of staying at Nobis Hotel.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience, and I look forward to hearing from you !
Best Regards

Oliver Geldner
Nobis Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,509)

Reviewed 24 August 2011

Overall I had a comfortable stay at Nobis, but its clear that they have put style past functionality when designing the hotel.

For example the storage space is minimal, in a larger room there was one cabinet with less than 10 hangers. No drawers, one high shelf. The large bathroom had minimal counter space which was taken up by the toiletries (mugs, tissues and whatnot), no shelves whatsoever so I literally had to put some of my stuff on the floor. The sink had a ridicilous grill type of thing on it, which thankfully came off. The bedside tables are lamps, and have a rounded surface that just looks flat. I learned this by putting a glass on it and spilling my drink on the floor. The desk is equally small, with the telephone, hotel books etc on it, I could barely fit my laptop on it. no space for papers or anything else.

Room service breakfast was a slight dissapointment - fried eggs were left raw (and cold by the time they got to the room, the pancakes on are not pancakes, but sweet crepes that were served with nothing - no sugar, syrup, jam etc. croissants are not croissants, but small pastries.

With that all said, the bed was comfortable, the room quiet, service decent, the appearance of the hotel and room very pleasant.. So I wouldn't mind staying here again. just some minor details that are a bit inconvenient.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DrBeuys
Reviewed 22 August 2011

The Hotel is in a lovely part of Stockholm. There are countless shops, restuarants and bars all steps away. It is farily new and very modern, although the structure itself is a combination of very old buildings joined together. My standard room was small and had a very odd shape -- not functional at all. Constantly bumping into myself. The window was off on a corner and overlooked a wall - so no natural light. The bathroom was equally as akward, but I will say the shower top notch for European standards. For the price point, there were some mis-steps: the maid didnt leave any shampoo -- which is not a disaster until you're actually in the shower and late for a meeting. The restuarant service was slow and not commensurate with the price. There was no closet and no storage space in the room. The TV is limited, unless you want to pay for channels (seems to be a new concept in hotel unbundling -- only a few channels are free, and then you pay by the channel or for a package for others). Overall, the property is very expensive and does not live up to its price range.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank aremk
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I stayed at the Nobis Hotel in May 2011 for an extended weekend. The design of the hotel appealded to me very much. Although the superior rooms are on the small seide there is everything you need. A plus is the hotel's location.

The breakfast room can get very crowded. Very often some offerings of the buffet were out and guests had to wait up to 20 minutes till the plates on the buffet got refilled. Also it took ages till coffee orders were taken and coffee was refilled. I had the impression that the breakfast room is understaffed.

I had contact with the concierge before my stay at the hotel in order to make restaurant reservations. At the end, everything worked out well but sometimes emails were only answered after having sent a reminder. .

After my stay at the Nobis hotel I wrote a feedback to the management to share my thoughts. I have never received an answer....

Pros:
- location
- design

Cons:
- service

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank alligator82
HotelNobis, Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

Dear sir or madam,

thank you very much for your comments and review of Nobis Hotel. We always very much appreciate candid feedback from our guests and your post on Tripadvisor is no exception.
Regarding your comments on breakfast, it is true that we were faced with some bottlenecks on certain days during July and August, simply due to the number of guests all arriving for breakfast at a later stage of the morning. We apologise if the wait times have tainted your experience, and please let us know when you are in town again, so we can invite you and your colleague or partner for breakfast which we guarantee to be up to par.
Very much to our regret, it appears that your mail with comments on your stay was never received by our General Manager of Hotel Manager. If it not too inconvenient, we would very much appreciate if you could send this again directly to oliver@nobishotel.com. I would happy to make sure your inquiries are replied to in a timely manner.

Again, many thanks for your insights, and we very much look forward to hearing from you.

Very best regards,

Oliver Geldner
Director E-commerce

Reviewed 15 August 2011

This hotel is all style over function. The rooms are so small that it is is almost comical and the service was terrible. The bathroom had one towel in it, an empty cardboard box which said "vanity kit" was empty and the liquid soap provided for the shower was half empty. when the maid came on the first day she put the empty bottle back on the bathroom shelf instead of replacing it. the last day of my stay, no maid came at all and the bed was never made. When I called Housekeeping to get service and another towel and shower soap, they never came and I had to call again. The safe requires the room key to open and close it but the lights in the room are also dependent on the room key so you cannot open or close the safe while the lights are on. Breakfast was so crowded that there was a twenty five minute wait. The man working in the bistro was lovely and offered to rescue me by serving me a small breakfast in the bistro since I couldn't be accommodated in the dining room for breakfast but I saw him being questioned by his boss as to why he was serving me there. When I reviewed the bill, they had tried to charge me for a phone call to the front desk.

Finally, the rooms are the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel and If you get a room for one person it has a childs bed in it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo