“Great place to relax !”
Review of Hotel Skeppsholmen

Hotel Skeppsholmen
Ranked #3 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Quiet & beautiful hotel to relax after a fully scheduled day. Welcoming, room (XXL for 3 people, very clean, nice and designed bathroom), place (max 15 min by foot from the city center, environment-friendly), breakfast (swedish, generous) : everything was perfect !
Hotel staff answer very quickly per e-mail if you have any question.
From Arlanda Airport, you can take Stockholm taxi flat rate 520 SEK.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Somel S
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for this lovely review and thank you also for the nice note you left for me and my team! Much appreciated!
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us! And our ambition is to give our a relaxing time in the hotel and on this amazing green Island in the city centre.

I hope I will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again.

Best from a sunny Stockholm!
Joachim Olausson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,351)

Reviewed 6 March 2012

We were delighted with this hotel. Friendly, helpful staff. Warm, cosy, clean & well provisioned room, in the main building, which had a pretty sea view to the south (we had requested the location & view in an email following a previous reviewer's tip & received a lovely reply, kindly acknowledging our request). The breakfast was super - wide choice of good food & drinks, in a pretty & peaceful room - definitely a real plus of this hotel. The hotel's location is fantastic, on a beautiful, tranquil island, a pleasant 20 minute sea-view walk from central rail station. No negatives to comment on because it really is a lovely hotel....but, a small suggestion would be the provision of tea/coffee making facility in the room. We will absolutely be staying here during any future visits to Stockholm!

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank Trixipix
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Stayed in this hotel for five nights and we couldn't have had a better experience. The hotel staff went out of their way for our comfort-asking the kitchen staff for restaurant recommendations, changing our room for one with a bath (and moving our luggage as we were out during the day). Everyone was professional with a genuine smile.
Rooms were immaculate with wonderful, wooden Scandinavian floors and design bathrooms. I had to keep trying out the sink just to get a feel for the stone in the center. Beds were everything you would want in a bed-even a view of the sea if you choose a seaside room. We could have stayed in the rooms for our entire holiday if Stockholm hadn't been such a fabulous city.
Am already missing the buffet breakfast that kept us full until dinner. Big coffee cups, all kinds of organic tea, homemade bread, scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurt, granola, Swedish toast with extra cinnamon...
We would definitely go back-just to stay at the hotel!

Room Tip: Views facing the sea give you a view of part of Stockholm but the garden view is also beautiful.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jenninnice
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review!
We are very proud over our Scandinavian interior so I am glad you enjoyed our rooms.
Extra happy to read your kind words about my team and I am glad they made your stay pleasant.
Today the sun is shining over Stockholm so we are looking forward to welcome you back soon again.
Best,

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights on a city break with Mrs S. Great place. An old exterior (ex-barracks I think from 19th century) thoughtfully converted to a great hotel. Rooms are very modern and great spec. Not the biggest room I've stayed in but I don't go away to sit in an hotel room!

Location is fab - on a secluded quiet island just a 10-15min walk to the nearest T station (metro) or Gamla Stan. Water views, trees and grassy banks, locals jogging or walking, ducks and swans roaming, boats bobbing...doesn't feel like a city centre at all.

Buffet breakfast was exceptional. Everything you'd expect and want from a northern European breakfast - great breads (I like baking and I was in awe of their sourdough) and pastries, fruit, yoghurt, gravalax, ham, cheese, bacon, eggs: 4min boiled or 8min boiled or scrambled; good coffee and huge selection of teas...heck, it was just great and stylishly presented.

Staff were impeccable - polite, friendly and attentive. After night1, we asked for a bigger duvet (it was on the small side...could have been an error rather than the norm) and a couple more pillows and this was sorted out immediately and without fuss as you'd expect.

All round this was a fab hotel that I would highly recommend. Considering Stockholm/Sweden isn't exactly a cheap destination, it also was incredible value for money too. I've paid more for a lot less elsewhere in Europe!

Room Tip: Get one with a view over the water - south facing so gets the sun too
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Spratticus
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and what a great one to receive!
Glad to hear you enjoyed our stunning location, our amazing historical buildings and our modern interior.
We are very proud over our breakfast and I agree, the sourdough bread is amazing.
Extra glad to hear your kind words about my team! Be assure I will inform them!

Best and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I was in moderrn museet and have two night stay at skeppholms hotel.First evening great dinner hotel restaurant with my friends.exelent food and so natural service.Room was small but really handy and functioning. I warmly recommed this hotel.rexax atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jormaa

Dear Guest,
Thank you for this lovely review!
Glad to hear you enjoyed our restaurant and extra glad to hear your kind words about the natural and relaxed service!
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again!

Best,