“Ok thai food”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Östermalm
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I got two dishes as take out. Mine was ok, but unexceptional. My husband took a dish that was supposed to be "sneaky spicy" (two out of three "skulls") that was VERY hot for a man that likes his spicy food. Be sure to know you like your scovilles if you go for the hotter options! The taste that got through was good, though. No chopsticks or napkins in the bag, and no instruktion to grab any for yourself. The ratio price to taste+service was not perfect.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

Me and my family go here almost every week for takeout and just have a cozy night back at home. The food is absolutely wonderful and their vegetarian spring rolls are to die for! The service is great and the place is very fun. They have great vegetarian options switching out meat for tofu (I am not vegetarian but I prefer the tofu). I highly recommend getting thai takeout for a nice, yummy relaxing dinner.

Reviewed 22 November 2014

Went to Sabai-Soong for a friend's birthday diner. We were seated in the lower floor. The restaurant serves a nice Thai diner. Good, not very good. So I give average here, but it is NOT average, it's good. I am more of an Indian food guy, Thai food in my experience is not as varied in taste as Indian food. Even with that said Sabai Soong served food with enough variety. My friend had chicken in the basket and I had chicken with cashew nuts. Might not be my first choice when I am in Stockholm, but if I want something different,mthis is a place I would visit.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were tired of tourist places to eat in our 2nd week in Scandinavia. We stumbled upon this restaurant with outside seating off the tourist beaten path and found the soup and Pad Thai was good. Found it was good value, good as any Thai place in states.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I went with colleagues for a relaxed business dinner to this place. We were craving some spicy Asian food and decided to visit Sabai-soong. Their tom yum goong was mild and relatively bland, while they coconut-based soups were really thick. We continued with forest curry that was nice, mixed satay that were flooded with the peanut sauce and green curry that was a total disappointment as it was cooked with powdered coconut milk. It wasn't fresh and tangy, as it should be, but pretty boring and with a heavy aroma of stale coconut. Not sure if I would like to eat here again.

1  Thank AnaSrdjan