1,304 results
All reviewstrain stationcopenhagen airportshopping mallnice view over the citytop floornice hotelbusiness hotelpedestrian streetfantastic breakfastexcellent locationhotel is situatednice roomstayed one nighthotel roombreakfast was includedvisiting malmoyogurt
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I was in town presenting at a conference in this hotel, so it was a natural choice. Only 15 minutes form the Copenhagen airport: the Triangeln Station is virtually 5 min walk.
Good service, large room with a nice view over the city, smooth working wi-fi and above-average breakfast. The bar closed rather early and the restaurant was a bit of a disappointment.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
HiltonMalmoCity, Front Office Supervisor at Scandic Triangeln, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Thank you for taking your time to write a comment about our hotel.

We are very proud of the breakfast restaurant, in my opinion, it is fantastic.

I'm glad that you had a good stay at our hotel and I am truly sorry that the restaurant was a bit of disappointment

Regards

Reviewed 24 November 2011

Sorry, but this is not good enough.

Inexperienced (trainee?) reception staff, who have no clue if they should answer the ringing phone or tend to the 13 people in line for check-in (not arriving at the same time).

Rooms are very nice, but questionable hosekeeping staff as the bathrooms are NOT clean. My collegue next door felt exactly the same.

Bar/Restaurant staff are friendly until you ask for anything out of the ordinary. What Bartender in an International Hotel doesn't know how to make a simple Bloody Mary??? "Excuse me Sir, is that gin and tomato juice?" Hello!!!!!!!!

No, there are other Hotels with better prices, location and service in Malmoe.

Room Tip: Lower Floors. The elevator is scary, noisy and quite frankly sounds like it's falling apart.
3  Thank 747FAN

Hi

I am sorry that you did not find your stay to be of Hilton Standard. The trainee you mentioned at the front desk is exactly this, a trainee who is here to observe and to learn, and is not supposed to do things unsupervised.
I am glad that you found the room to be nice and I find it unfortunate that both you and your college was unhappy with the housekeeping department.
And yes of course the bartender should know how to make a "bloody Mary" and for this I am truly sorry.

Best Regards

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I will start by acknowledging the good points of the Malmo Hilton: professional & friendly staff, a nice gym on the top floor overlooking the city and it's conveniently located in the city center close to many stores, restaurants and cafes. The nightly rate is what you would expect for a Hilton: around $200/night/person including breakfast, which was first-rate. However, there are two things that this hotel needs to work on: 1) There is a bit of decay in some of the furniture. In my room, for example, the some of the wooden doors were noticeably chipped at the bottom, which did not create a good impression. 2) They need to provide free wireless internet access throughout the building. Wi-Fi is no longer a luxury item, as even very modest hotels offer it at no extra cost. At this Hilton (and probably others in the chain) they bill you around $25 per day for Wi-Fi. The managers of this hotel would be better off rising the nightly rate to $225/night if they need the money rather than surprising guests with that fee once they are arrive and they no longer have a choice. This is about public relations because nobody likes to feel nickled and dimed, even when you are travelling on your company's expense account. When I booked my stay here I expected above average quality and I got some of that, but there were also problems and therefore I will be avoiding the Hilton chain for a while.

Room Tip: If you still want to stay at this hotel, ask for a room in the upper floors to get a good view of the city.
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Nice hotel. Good, friendly service from Lottie when I arrived- offered me the wifi code rather than having to ask for it (or in the case of most Hiltons pay for it). Rooms were fairly basic as with most Scandinavian hotels but certainly sufficiently equipped. Lots of power sockets, etc. Iron was a bit annoying, kept leaking water and almost tore my shirt in 2! Bathroom was very basic- again, this seems to be more common in the nordics. In the room there was water, crisps, snacks etc which you have to pay for but are convenient.

Views from the lifts were impressive, its around ten minutes walk from the hilton over to the central station via Gustav Adolfs Torg and is close to Triangeln, which is a closer station from Copenhagen.
4/5 is a bit high- maybe 3.5, but overall absolutely fine for business travel.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

Not a huge amount to say about the hotel itself as it's a fairly typical modern Hilton, much the same as you would find in much of the world. Location is great for the train across to Copenhagen and pretty central for Malmo but it's the customer service that has prompted me to write this review. From arranging a babysitter prior to our arrival to the greeting at the front desk all the staff we encountered were incredibly friendly and helpful. Some noisy neighbours could have ruined the stay but the management were excellent in their prompt dealing of the situation. If only all big corporate hotels made this much effort.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Matt70380

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay at Hilton Malmö City.

I am happy that you got exceptional service from the Front Desk Team. I promise that I will forward this feedback.
I am truly sorry about your neighbors, it was me working that night so I recognize your problem.
I hope that we will get the opportunity to have you as a guest soon again, welcome back to Hilton Malmö City!

Regards