“Family weekend getaway”
Review of Footprints

Footprints
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We decided to the the school holidays with a weekend away. On arrival friendly customer service, great list of activities for kids included like cookie making, native animal experience, evening movie -supervised. Beach shacks are clean and spacious, beds were really comfortable, 500m to the beach, pool was great, very relaxed atmosphere. We were treated to a Kangeroo who hung outside our beach shack for hours. All up 5/5 experience only 1.5 hours from Perth!

Kids favourite - iced drinks at poolbar
Parents favourite - supervised kids activities!

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Writing the review a bit late, but still felt applicable. My family thoroughly enjoyed our weekend here. The facilities and location are perfect.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

My family has just returned from a two night stay at the resort and we all had a wonderful time. Ages ranging from 10-80.

The staff at the cafe were amazing. We had breakfast as part of our package, so did the rest of the guests. We all descended on the cafe at 8.30am the first morning which meant the staff had to set up tables as well as serve those already seated. What a great job they did.

The food was not compromised, it was hot and tasty. The serving staff flat out but attended to all needs with courtesy and a smile. They are an asset.

We will visit you again when we stay in March and December 2018.

Please pass our gratitude on to all those who worked on 30/10 and 01/10.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

We got a table which was left us head height to the bar and a great view to the kitchen. The grease on the tiled walls and hoods above the skillet and friers was not a good look. I ordered a scotch fillet medium which I thought was well priced and when it arrived at the table it was a huge serve, but way too many chips compared to salad. My steak wasn't just a little under medium, it was blue, to the point that the sides of the steak were still red. It's a pub so I wasn't expecting silver service but really, who can't cook a steak! An hour into our booking and after our Neal plates were cleared we were asked if we were finished, we were both still finishing our drinks, but were asked to leave as the table was booked and the next people were there. Lucky we weren't looking at getting a dessert I guess. 10% discount offered on a steak meal that wasn't even half cooked still left it at near a $30 meal and basically asked to leave before we were finished so they could seat the next group. It is only a small restaurant but given there are 50+ accommodation units on site maybe they need to expand the restaurant into the function space to allow guests to enjoy a meal without being rushed out the door. Can't say I have been to any restaurants and asked to leave an hour after the booked time so they can turn the table over. Too much focus on making money and covers rather than providing service. But then again there isn't anywhere else to go in town so when you have a monopoly I guess you don't have to try too hard. I hope we caught them on a bad night.

1  Thank Nicole B
Reviewed 6 March 2017

As a city slicker and mom this café was my oasis in the middle of Preston Beach while on holiday - the only place that sells barista coffee for miles! Lovely breakfast buffet as well which is really reasonably priced for what you get! The food was very tasty and fresh!