“Great coffee, poor service”
Review of Small Batch Coffee

Small Batch Coffee
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We normally like the small batch coffee shops, but this was our first (and last) visit to the one on western road.

We arrived at about 11.30 on a Thursday morning. There were four staff behind the counter and no customers in front of us. One (presumably the barista) was making coffee. One was putting out cakes on display. I could really tell what the other two were doing, but not one of them acknowledged our presence in any way.

After about 3 minutes I suggested to my other half that we leave, and then one of the staff finally asked what we would like.

Coffee ordered, and asked to take a seat, we then waited another 8 or 9 minutes for our coffees to arrive.

The coffee was excellent, but the service was really poor, and inexplicably slow.

A simple smile, or “I’ll be with you shortly” would have made a huge difference.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

This coffee shop has a great setup and a good selection of brew methods to suit most palates. In the batch brew was their blend of Burundi and Colombia. Nice atmosphere with a steady stream of locals grabbing a coffee whilst on the dog walk. Couple of coffees later I leave feeling satisfied and would return when in the area again.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

As ever, small batch coffee is consistent and to our taste. Never over roasted. Pleasant service. WiFi here is brilliant.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped for a quick coffee at Small batch on Friday. I know it’s a very popular brand in Brighton, but I’m sorry I really don’t like the coffee. It’s too strong & too bitter.
Really unpleasant. Sorry.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

The small batch coffee is a good bar, the place is pretty and the location is confortable.
I like the music, it is very relaxing and appropriate for this bar and it is right like sound.
I don't like the coffee because it was very bitter and I prefer italian coffee. I don't like the door when we can see what they do, when they wash the glasses, plates extc... however the bathroom is very clean but i don't know why there is a code for going inside it and my opinion is that it is very strange.