“Awful rude service”

Price range: USD 6 - USD 11
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped with a friend for coffee during bike ride. Sat outside. View great. Waitresses polite. But, as per previous reviewer, owner rude and unhelpful. After spending almost £10 on 2 coffees, that barely half filled the mugs, and a scone I asked if I could have some tap water to refill my small water bottle and was redirected to the hose pipe outside behind the wheelie bin. When I expressed incredulity he said "this is what happens at my cafe." Well, good luck to you Basil Fawlty.

2  Thank MarkKarenPlymouth

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Found this cafe to be uncomfortable rammed in like sardines the person running it seemed miserable and stressed and quite rude although the food was very good very over priced

2  Thank fouracre2000
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a breakfast bap before walking to Start Point lighthouse and it was very tasty with better quality buns than you would normally get. The cakes all looked amazing, so after our walk we popped in to get a slice of rocky road. We would have stopped for lunch if we had the time as it all looked good.

Very friendly staff.

Will be back.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

Stunning location on the sea front at Torcross, lovely views, option to eat in or outside. Exceptionally friendly service, clearly family run.......gorgeous coffee.....only let down was price of a modest breakfast...at nearly £7, this was overpriced for me, for 2 slices of bread, 1 egg, 2 rashers of bacon, and 2 tiny sausages.....doubtless the owners will plead vine ripened sausages, and corn fed bread etc, but it was just plain overpriced.......I would certainly stop by for coffee when passing again, but stick to my own sandwiches !

nanseaside, Owner at Seabreeze Cafe and B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

Oh Mr Brixham

Glad you enjoyed our gorgeous coffee, fab views and friendly service.
But, we are really sad that you think our Seabreeze Stack is overpriced at £6.95.
No, the sausages are not vine ripened and the bread, definately not corn fed...ha ha but, the sausages are from our local butcher at the farm shop and are very good quality, (normally you only get one, but 'cause they were small my daughter gave you two). The bacon also from here, is his finest smoked back bacon...(not cheap water injected stuff), our eggs are from very happy free range eggs, from the next village, and our toast is hand sliced, chunky nice bread, smothered in Wykes farm's local butter... I am assuming you enjoyed your breakfast, certainly hope so, as your *** don't reflect this ☹️

I am always surprised when customers complain on trip advisor about the price, the menus are clearly priced, with descriptions of goods offered for said price. Why do people buy if not happy about price..I wouldn't... help me out here

Anyways, glad you liked the coffees, which as you say are gorgeous, especially, sitting outside on a sunny, clear day looking out across the sea, so maybe we will see you again laters.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

We were out for a drive when we came across the Seabreeze cafe. It's quite well-hidden and you can easily miss it. I must say, I'm glad we didn't.

While originally stopping just for a quick coffee the sound of two of their specials really appealed - cheesy cauliflower soup and smoked mackerel pate. Both were excellent and served fairly promptly. Reasonably priced and decent portion sizes.

Worth a stop.

Hiya Andrew

Thanks so much for your review, we really try to please our customers and it is heartwarming when we succeed

Soup last week was fab, Bonni's special, Spicy lentil and chick pea. Yummy.