“Cozy Country Cottage with Fabulous Owners!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Child friendly garden with wall to river
River Charente and Isle Forin from front garden
View from End of rear garden
Weir at the Grand Pont
Civray Market Square and Church
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
OregonLad...
Poitiers, France
“Cozy Country Cottage with Fabulous Owners!”
Reviewed 25 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

First off, if you're looking for a 5* hotel, this may not be your place. If you're looking for a typical home for this part of the French countryside, this cottage is wonderful! The owners had used it for summer holidays mostly, so they kindly installed two electric heaters before my arrival. They were also excellent about communicating all of the information I would need for my stay (assuming I'd been familiar with European doors that is)! TIP: Non-Europeans, you have to turn the handle as far up as it will go to lock & unlock the door.

It was very easy to confirm my booking, obtain the key and settle in. The owners also nicely left wine, beer & water for my arrival so I didn't arrive late and have nothing. I did find that the cottage was still quite cold in the evenings, so you'll likely want to build a fire if you stay during cooler months; however, the wood & quick starter cubes are provided. I am staying for an extended time, but thought I'd post a review after a week as that is more similar to the experience of a typical traveler.

Outside of it being a little cool and a few cob webs, everything was quite comfortable and clean. You're in the country and right on a slow-moving river, so a few spiders and mosquitoes found their way inside while I was there, but nothing unexpected.

The house was well equipped with dishes, towels, bedding, hand & body soap (like you'd find in a hotel), dish soap, etc. I'm not sure if the owners will change this with a higher volume of rentals (I was the first), but during my stay there were also spices and mosquito repellents that were offered for my use.

There is no internet currently, but I used "My Webspot" to rent a mobile unlimited Wi-Fi hotspot. Total cost was still less than area hotels with much more convenience and comfort!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
25 Mar 2016
Many thanks for your kind review.
We try to make our home as comfortable for our guests as we would do so for ourselves, so to hear such nice comments makes us feel very proud of our French "pied a terre!"
Enjoy the rest of your stay
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing