Copenhagen Island Hotel
Orbitz.com
Hotel Nebo(Copenhagen)
USD 127*
USD 123*
Wakeup Copenhagen, Borgergade(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
USD 189*
USD 249*
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,422 results
All reviewscity centretrain stationmodern hotelfisketorvet shopping mallminute walkoverlooking the waterharbour viewa large shopping centresuperior roomwater frontthe meat packing districtmeatpacking districtan upgradetivoli gardensbusiness hotelpublic transportmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This is a modern, funcional hotel with nice views over the new "Docklands" of Copenhagen. Everything is well designed, functioal, clean and nice. The place is near the Kodbyen, the meat packing district of Copenhagen, with restaurants, bars, clubs and galleries.It feels further from the center than it is, it's actually just 15 minutes walk to Tivoli.

The only - but serious - problem was the service. We had two rooms - one for me and my wife and one for our son. Since breakfat was crazy 150 DKK wether you had it in the restaurant or in the room, we went for room service. Day one our son got his brakfast and they missed ours. We got it 1 hour later. Day two, after talking to the front desk to be sure we all got breakfast, we got ours and they missed our sons. After a lot of arguing on the phone and loss of temper, he got it 45 minutes too late. Well, in the end we did not pay fpr any breakfast. Also:When we came back 4.30 p.m the breakfast trays were still in the rooms and the beds wern't made. Not acceptable in a four star hotel, tired people sitting in the lobby after 5 p.m. waiting to get access to their rooms. Hire more people!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2012

OK, I will try to be as delicate as possible here without offending any reader sensibilities... First, the good: It is a very nice hotel, staff friendly, breakfast buffet huge and plentiful and certainly tasty enough, although as everything else in this city, overpriced (our was included in room rate) Rooms are clean and modern, the floor heating in the bathroom a nice touch. For those who care TV could use a few more channels (conspicuous absence of on demand).

Now, the not so good: Location is a bit out of the way and in a boring area. You can walk to a train station which then gets you into city center, but it is a bit inconvenient, especially at night as trains are not as frequent. But let me come back to the beds. We had a double room, which basically consists of 2 twin beds (we are talkign very skinny twins here) next to each other. And we are not talking about 2 twin mattresses in one frame… I’m talking about falling-in-between-the-2-and-pushing-them-apart next to each other. These were simply put the bounciest, narrowest beds I’ve ever had the (dis)pleasure of sleeping in in a hotel. If only they were wider the bounciness would have made them highly entertaining under certain circumstances, but as it was, someone was bound to get hurt if attempting to do anything other than sleeping, alone, one on each mattress… consider yourself forewarned…

Room Tip: a bit of road noise in street facing rooms
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nomad_Aristocrat
Reviewed 11 May 2012

The hotel location is not very close to the centrum but I chose it because I had business nearby. Anyway, if you want to get to the centrum either you can walk for 15 minutes or you can take the bus number 30 (its stop is very close to the hotel). I'd rather prefer the Tivoli Hotel because it has its own 11A numbered bus and it goes to nyhavn via centrum which is very useful. Anyway, coming to Copenhagen Island Hotel; my room was very small, had street view (I think canal views were more expensive) and not so comfy beds. House keeping service was terrible, they don't even change hand towels, or they don't clean the room. The only "very good" thing in this hotel was their breakfast. breakfast room (which is the hotel restaurant Harbour as well) has a nice view, many choises to eat and drink.
If you are going for sightseeing - touristic- I recommend you to choose another one.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I used to stay in Copenhagen for my job few times, changing hotel anytime and I can consider this hotel, clean, quiet with superb breakfast and a good restaurant. The view from the restaurant is very nice and in a sunny day you can have breakfast outdoor. It is in a good area, few steps from a train station and a shopping mall with cinema and cheap restaurants. The city center is easy to reach and if the weather is nice it is perfect to have a walk. Heading for the city center you can find a nice pedestrian area with small bars pubs and restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Franfellicco
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

Nice, clean hotel on the water and near the rail lines. Short walk to city center. Breakfast was very nice, with lots of options.

• Stayed: May 2012