“Not the best statue”

Ranked #51 of 393 things to do in Copenhagen
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Children's author Hans Christian Andersen, known as H.C. in Denmark, has been immortalized next to Copenhagen's City Hall. He's holding a book and cane and has a well-worn lap from all the children (of all ages) who have sat on his knees.
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

For someone synonymous with Copenhagen, we were disappointed with this statue of HC Anderson. Mind you, they were doing a lot of roadworks so it wasn’t at its best but still it’s not in a prominent place. Go to Nyhavn and see where he lived when he wrote the little mermaid.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

The only reason I'm reviewing this is because I went to City Hall and passed it. Honestly I don't get why this and many other statues are so popular to pose with and take pics, now if a statue was really unique looking then I can understand. But I wouldn't waste your time looking for this unless you just happen to pass by it headed somewhere.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

This very popular statue is just a short stroll across a public plaza from the Copenhagen hotel in which we were staying. Consequently, we walked past it several times. On each occasion it was surrounded by tourists having their photographs next to, or in front of the handsome statue. We actually had to wait our turn to take our photographs.
Certainly worth a look and a photograph if you happen to be in the vicinity!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I guess I am getting jaded by all of the statues I have been seeing these past years... but I find it difficult to get excited by a statue of someone anymore, even if it is that of one of the most famous Fairytale Authors.

Of course you should see it and it's hard to miss as it's right around where many other tourist attractions are. If you anywhere near the Town Hall, Tivoli Gardens, the Glyptothek then you should take a few steps detour and just have a stroll past this statue to have a look. After all you are in Denmark and he is one of the most well known to us.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

It belongs to Danish history. Is you read his story's you will know. Nice statue,easy to reach at the shopping area.