“Nice botique motel”
Review of Hotel Maritime

Hotel Maritime
Ranked #77 of 119 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 18 July 2011

This is a well-located (3 blocks from Nyhavn) off the main street hotel. Staff is excellent and helpful and speak very good English. Breakfasts are substantial with yogurt, cheeses, good Danish ham, sausages, cereal, coffee and tea available 24/7 but avoid the scrambled eggs out of a container, the "delicious" apples from last fall's harvest and the sugary OJ. No AC and the fan is a K-mart 9 buck special but most of the time you won't need one in this city. Avoid first floor rooms on the streetside which can get noisy after the bars close or when the garbage gets collected--opt instead for a courtyard room or a higher floor (there is an elevator). Not all cab drivers know this hotel but tell them it's across from the Best Western. Rooms are clean, moderately-sized and the bathrooms are large but lack places to place clothes and miscellaneous items. Pillows are small. Cab service to airport comes on time--make reservation from front desk. One mile to train station, 10-14 dollars cab ride to Tivoli. Overall a nice hotel but like all places in this city not cheap. Breakfast is included.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank wildchough

Reviewed 16 July 2011

We were looking for a hotel which was well placed and comfortable, recognising that hotels in Copenhagen are very expensive. The Maritime was OK but pricey. Staff were helpful but our bedroom was small, although the bathroom was spacious. Wifi included. Maintenance issues re toilet and curtain rail addressed quickly, although they should not have needed repairing in the first place. Towels were thin and small and bed linen not very good. Breakfast was included but facilities for eating and display of items very crowded. This hotel was well located for Nyhavn.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2011

We stayed here two nights while sightseeing. It was close to the canals and we could walk to the pedestrian mall, christianshawn, and Christiana. The room and bathroom was tiny. No hooks to hang things, towels very thin, and beds very uncomfortable. The breakfast was ok, I think we were spoiled with all our other breakfasts. But there is plenty to eat. There is an elevator and a small lounge area. Lady At front desk was pleasant. The room was barely room to move around. Water was standing in the shower. We had one window in the room. There was 24 hour coffee and water in the breakfast area. Free wifi that was intermittent. There was a free computer for use at the hotel. They had gluten free bun for breakfast and yogurt. We could not find a grocery store near our hotel. The name is netta take a gps or good directions. We hunted for 45 minutes without luck and saw it when we were driving away in our coach.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ackart
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Positive: The staff of the hotel were very helpfull and the location is really very good for city trips.

Negative: Other than the bed and LCD Tv the room and bathroom are sort of "old".

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed here for two nights as a female solo traveller, and it met my needs quite well. Sure, some of the complaints you'll see from the other reviews are true (noisy if you have a room looking onto the street, very basic toiletries, and more), but I was never looking for luxury. All I wanted was a clean, low-priced room in a great, central area where the people in charge were nice and I could get some breakfast in the morning. And that's exactly what I got.

I got a great deal on the room, and although it was a small room, it was enough for me. I never really spend much time in the room unless it's to shower or sleep anyway. The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean. I spent so much time walking around that by the time I got back to sleep, no noise outside could possibly have kept me awake, so I didn't mind.

Breakfast was buffet style - scrambled or boiled eggs, deli meats, many variations of bread, mini sausages, coffee, juices, danish, and I was very satisfied with that. The location was perfect: my favorite part of Copenhagen is NyHavn, and the hotel is about a 3 minute walk from it. The two gentlemen who ran things were both really helpful and friendly, suggesting walks, routes, and itineraries. Oh, and the free WiFi was great - especially for checking in to my return flight.

Yes, it was one of the most basic hotels I've ever stayed in, but I'm always out and about anyway, spending very little time in the room - especially when travelling on my own. So, unless I'm travelling with family or in a couple where I might want a bit more atmosphere, I'm pretty sure I'd return here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo