All reviews great location tea and coffee kongens nytorv metro station within walking distance yogurt large bathroom double room cold meats major attractions few minutes walk central copenhagen an expensive city metro stop beds were comfortable nyhavn luggage canal
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Positive: The staff of the hotel were very helpfull and the location is really very good for city trips.

Negative: Other than the bed and LCD Tv the room and bathroom are sort of "old".

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed here for two nights as a female solo traveller, and it met my needs quite well. Sure, some of the complaints you'll see from the other reviews are true (noisy if you have a room looking onto the street, very basic toiletries, and more), but I was never looking for luxury. All I wanted was a clean, low-priced room in a great, central area where the people in charge were nice and I could get some breakfast in the morning. And that's exactly what I got.

I got a great deal on the room, and although it was a small room, it was enough for me. I never really spend much time in the room unless it's to shower or sleep anyway. The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean. I spent so much time walking around that by the time I got back to sleep, no noise outside could possibly have kept me awake, so I didn't mind.

Breakfast was buffet style - scrambled or boiled eggs, deli meats, many variations of bread, mini sausages, coffee, juices, danish, and I was very satisfied with that. The location was perfect: my favorite part of Copenhagen is NyHavn, and the hotel is about a 3 minute walk from it. The two gentlemen who ran things were both really helpful and friendly, suggesting walks, routes, and itineraries. Oh, and the free WiFi was great - especially for checking in to my return flight.

Yes, it was one of the most basic hotels I've ever stayed in, but I'm always out and about anyway, spending very little time in the room - especially when travelling on my own. So, unless I'm travelling with family or in a couple where I might want a bit more atmosphere, I'm pretty sure I'd return here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2011

The hotel was very well located for being able to walk to many of Copenhagen's attractions and shopping. I stayed recently with my wife and adult daughter and the room was comfortable and reasonably priced. Reception staff were helpful in providing advice and the tea and coffee in the breakfast room all day was convenient. The hotel building is a little dated but seems to have been redecorated in parts recently. Wifi internet via the Cloud was free as well as an old desktop located in the breakfast room.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Great value for money. Ok rooms. Boring breakfast. All in all a good place to stay but difficult parking.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Plus Points: Good location, 10 minutes walk from a metro station, but reasonably located near tourist attractions. Good solid breakfast and very polite staff.

Negative points: Room stinks of smoke; if you are a smoker this is great, but if not, it is a major problem; I've lived in smoking rooms before but none like this. Not good toiletries, if you are staying here make sure to take some nice soap and shampoo. Yes they do give you a sachet, but it seems sad to pay over 100 euros for a hotel room and have a bath with this kind of stuff. Also beds are a bit weird and we both got bad back aches and body pain; not sure what it is.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple