1,362 results
All reviews tivoli gardens central station luggage room shopping street city hall hop on hop off bus within easy walking distance expensive city yogurt cheese meats nyhavn
Reviewed 8 April 2018

When I booked two nights at the Ascot, I did not expect to be sent to a tired room halfway down the street. When I raised this with reception and asked for a room in the actual hotel, I was told the hotel was full. There is no warning that guests will be shunted off to an apartment. If I wanted room service, I would stay in a 'hotel'. If I wanted self catering I'd go to airbnb.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank ColinYoungie
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a few nights and on arrival the hotel looks really good from the outside and the communal areas are also tastefully decorated. Unfortunately the first room we were given looked tired and was dirty.

We had paid extra for a superior room so were expecting something a little bit special. Unfortunately we actually got an old room with a very dusty kitchenette, mould growing in the seals in the bathroom and a bed that looked really poor.

On raising this with reception they were very hateful and actually all staff were extremely polite and helpful throughout our stay. We were told that the extra money for a superior room was for extra space and that those rooms could accommodate more people. I don’t think anyone spends extra money on a superior room just thinking you are paying extra for space, they expect a ‘superior’ quality of room that comes from decoration, facilities and general presentation.

I then looked around a few other rooms but they all looked pretty tired except a couple that had new bathrooms but the beds still looked very dated. Thankfully on seeing I wasn’t particularly happy the staff kindly upgraded us to one of the rooms on the 4th floor which was fantastic. A lovely modern suite decorated in Danish style with a fantastic bathroom. In fact the bedroom was better than some of the rooms I’ve stayed in when booking a 5 star hotel. It was also lovely and clean and had white company toiletries.

The staff said in future it’s best to book either one of those rooms or a ground floor room as they are also newly refurbished. I would advise others to take this advice as the old rooms are pretty bad. Having stayed in many 4 star hotels the old rooms aren’t even worthy of a 3 star rating.

As I said the actual building and all communal areas are lovely and it was great to sit in the reception area relaxing.

The breakfast was very average ... not enough local produce and very basic food. The presentation of the food was quite poor and not kept tidy.

Overall I’d say this is a 3 star hotel with lots of potential but the old rooms do not reflect the lovely building and I actually felt sorry for the staff because I’m sure lots of customers must complain about the rooms.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joegallagher
Reviewed 26 March 2018

My Husband and I stayed here for 4 nights.We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel The staff were friendly and service was quick.The location of the Ascot is convenient to Copenhagen central station and Tivolli Garden.We hope to stay here again in the near future.We both had a great time In Copenhagen.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Hotel has ideal location, perfect for walking in the Centre, and Ideal for transport links. Bedroom ticked all boxed, but the furnishings were tired. Would definitely stay again, as very convenient.
Be careful using luggage store, not the most secure system...

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aeh1205
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Stayed here 4 nights. A good experience from check in to check out. The staff were efficient and courteous. Ascot Hotel is within easy walking distance of Central Station and a variety of sightseeing attractions. Close to shopping streets, restaurants, bars, parks, canals.
The rooms are reasonable in size and the hallways, etc. appear to have been redecorated recently. Could do with extra storage .. drawers or shelves in bedrooms. Shower room well equipped and spotlessly clean.
The fitness suite is excellent. Great for burning off Copenhagen's delicious cuisine. There is a luggage storage facility.
We opted to eat out. There are lots of tempting brunch and evening meal cafes to titillate the tastebuds..variety is amazing.
We would certainly return to this lovely Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends