“Great business hotel with amazing (and free) WiFi”
Review of Scandic Copenhagen

Ranked #42 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This Scandic is the hugest of them in Copenhagen, and if you're lucky enough to get a top floor, you'll have an outstanding view over Tivoli Gardens and all of Copenhagen. It's walkable from Central Station -- takes about 10 or so minutes, but you'll be dragging your bags over some serious cobblestones. There's no hotel at the pool, but breakfast and WiFi internet are free.

Because there are 400+ rooms at the hotel, breakfast is a complete mad house. Hundreds of people flocking to two tables of mostly bread and fruit, and a juice machine. It's free, and it's really good, but try to go early (not 15 minutes prior to 10am) if you want to save your sanity.

The WiFi is incredible. Easily the fastest free hotel WiFi I've ever tried. For the business traveler, this is the single most important thing to get right. And this hotel gets it right. In fact, I tried a Scandic in Gothenburg and it too had amazingly quick (and free) internet.

The bed was very comfortable, and the room was immensely clean. No complaints, except that 1350DKK per night is expensive. But it's not the hotel's fault -- *all* of Scandinavia is insanely expensive. A pack of gummies at the 7-Eleven is something like $5 US after conversion. A pricey place to visit.

Room Tip: High floor = great view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Tanja A, Guest Relations Manager at Scandic Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking your time and make a comment on Tripadvisor.

We are always happy to get feedback, weather it's postive or negative, so we can improve our standard & service.

We are very pleased to hear that you think our free Wi FI is incredible, we know it is important for all our business guests.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you at Scandic Copenhagen another time.

Tanja Andresen - Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,435)

Reviewed 1 September 2012

This hotel has recently been renovated and you can tell. I arrived a lot later than planned and was assigned a small suite - not bad, very nicely decorated, spacious, comfortable, all you could ever ask for, really. It isn't a cheap stay (I paid DKK 1350/night), but the hotel is well located, offers comfortable rooms, free internet and breakfast and so make for a compelling stay. And while I might gripe about the cost of the stay, hotels in Denmark are never cheap, so this one offers decent value for money.

Location:
From Copenhagen Airport simply take the Metro to the main train station and then walk. Unless you have heavy luggage it is an easy 10 minute walk and there is no need for a taxi.

Reception:
This is a big hotel and staff greeted me friendly and with some enthusiasm. After a little "telling off" (in the most friendly way possible) for not guaranteeing my room with a credit card, I was informed that I was lucky and she upgraded me to a better room. How nice :)

Check-out the next morning was a lesser experience. The member of staff was really quite annoyed at my request for an invoice address on the bill, something he surely must have been asked a lot that day already and something I would have expected to be taken care of a little more graciously, especially as all he had to do was type it down from my business car.

Room:
Room 424 turned out to be a junior sweet, with a living room and a bedroom. Very lovely and very likable interior design, I liked it right away. The bed was very comfortable and I had a great view from the hotel and maybe more importantly I had a great night's sleep.

The Bathroom was very clean - truly nothing to complain about and everything in the room was in perfect working order.

Internet:
Internet is included in the rate. At 1350DKK I would expect as much, but unfortunately it didn't work too well (slow & unsteady connection). Then again I didn't pay for it, so it was really quite ok.

Breakfast:
Breakfast was included in the rate as well and with this being a big hotel, the breakfast room was overflowing. When I got up to get another glass of orange juice the waitress determined that I must have had overstayed my welcome and just cleared my things away, despite it being very obvious that I couldn't have been done, or at least I thought it must have been obvious. My table got assigned to someone else and my breakfast was over. Not a good start into the day.

The breakfast room reminded me more of a refectory at college (although a very nice one). Quality of food was really quite good, but it didn't make at all for a comfortable start to my busy day.

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking your time and make a comment on Tripadvisor.

We hope that we will be able to welcoming you here at the hotel again.

Tanja Andresen - Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 23 August 2012

We, a family of four, stayed at the Scandic Copenhagen for 3 nights in a junior suite (room 1724). The hotel is well situated, by the lakes smack in the center of Copenhagen. Well designed room, though not what I would call a suite, even if junior. The children slept on the foldable sofa bed which made the room feel somewhat cramped. Scandic;do not put 2 small white tables and 2 bedtables and a desk, a desk chair and 2 lounge chairs in a room this size, please. Overall we would have been satisfied, even happy, had the room been clean.
It was filthy! Cobweb in the lamps which were coated in dust. Not yesterdays dust, but the kind you will find under your sofa every two months. The console for the TV which features prominently in the room was equally filthy. The floors were dirty with visible dustdevils. Someone had spilt coffee or coke on the very white windowsill and the stains were still there. The tiled bathroom floor had a number of respectively dark and white stains on it and had clearly not been washed for some time.
I complained to the desk staff, who immediately offered to move us to another room or to call housekeeping to have the room cleaned while we were out for dinner. I chose the latter. We came back at 10 pm and guess what; the room had not been cleaned. I tried calling reception 4 times without an answer.
The next morning I again talked to desk staff. They would most certainly fix the room while we were away. Guess what; when we came back in the afternoon, the room was still filthy. I went to the desk and asked for a manager. I spoke with a teamleader, who promised a clean-up and some complimentary delicacies while we were out for dinner. When we came back - guess what; no delicacies and the room was still filthy. When I caught up with the Teamleader I asked him; What would you do in my situation? He was very apologetic and symphathetic, but..And yes, I would and should have left immediately, but we were in the 17th hotel that particular vacation, with 2 small children, all our bags packed for a return to the far east, with a Tupperware Conference in town and 1 night to go. So, we stayed the last night. Upon check-out the desk staff kindly picked up the bill for our last meal, but hey Scandic; I am not so sure I am coming back!

Room Tip: Go for a clean one if you can find it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Bo B
Tanja A, Guest Relations Manager at Scandic Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear Guest.

I am really sorry to read this review, I know my front office manager has been in contact with you, to apologise for this inconvinience, in compensation I know you have been offered a gift card.
I really hope that you will use this and we will have the opportunity to give you and your family a pleasent stay at Scandic Copenhagen.
Again my deepest apologies for this experience you had during your stay.

Scandic Copenhagen - Sales Supporter

Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed one night for business. I had a single person room (wasn't aware that many hotels still provided these). The room was comfortable: very clean throughout, wet room style bathroom with a powerful shower, hairdryer provided, iron and ironing board, tv, air con, small table if you needed to do work. It was good for one night, any longer and I personally would be looking for more space to store clothes and a fridge for drinks. Perfect for a short trip.

The hotel itself is being renovated. Staff are friendly but when we asked about restaurants and bars to visit, they didn't seem to know! Maybe just a one-off with more junior staff?

Breakfast is good - a very extensive range of hot and cold foods, everything you could want and included.

I also noticed that the hotel has some bicycles to borrow out front. They looked well maintained. If I come again for a longer trip I would go for a cycle ride as this seems to be "the way" to get around the city. Also, it's a fair walk from the hotel (20-30 minutes) to the main city centre, much quicker on a bike!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the upper floors at the back of the hotel for good views over the city.

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking your time to make a comment on trip advisor.
We are very pleased that your enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you at the new Scandic Copenhagen another time.

Best regards
Tanja Andresen - Sales Supporter

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here when going for a wedding in Copenhagen. The hotel had a make-over recently and it appears new, nice and clean. The view of the lake is fantastic. The room and bath room had a nice size. The breakfast had a nice selection of food and there was plenty of food and staff eventhough the hotel was packed.
Very close to tivoli.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank villazio
Tanja A, Guest Relations Manager at Scandic Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking your time to make a comment on trip advisor.

Best regards