“Scandic, clean up your act!”
Review of Scandic Copenhagen

Ranked #42 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We, a family of four, stayed at the Scandic Copenhagen for 3 nights in a junior suite (room 1724). The hotel is well situated, by the lakes smack in the center of Copenhagen. Well designed room, though not what I would call a suite, even if junior. The children slept on the foldable sofa bed which made the room feel somewhat cramped. Scandic;do not put 2 small white tables and 2 bedtables and a desk, a desk chair and 2 lounge chairs in a room this size, please. Overall we would have been satisfied, even happy, had the room been clean.
It was filthy! Cobweb in the lamps which were coated in dust. Not yesterdays dust, but the kind you will find under your sofa every two months. The console for the TV which features prominently in the room was equally filthy. The floors were dirty with visible dustdevils. Someone had spilt coffee or coke on the very white windowsill and the stains were still there. The tiled bathroom floor had a number of respectively dark and white stains on it and had clearly not been washed for some time.
I complained to the desk staff, who immediately offered to move us to another room or to call housekeeping to have the room cleaned while we were out for dinner. I chose the latter. We came back at 10 pm and guess what; the room had not been cleaned. I tried calling reception 4 times without an answer.
The next morning I again talked to desk staff. They would most certainly fix the room while we were away. Guess what; when we came back in the afternoon, the room was still filthy. I went to the desk and asked for a manager. I spoke with a teamleader, who promised a clean-up and some complimentary delicacies while we were out for dinner. When we came back - guess what; no delicacies and the room was still filthy. When I caught up with the Teamleader I asked him; What would you do in my situation? He was very apologetic and symphathetic, but..And yes, I would and should have left immediately, but we were in the 17th hotel that particular vacation, with 2 small children, all our bags packed for a return to the far east, with a Tupperware Conference in town and 1 night to go. So, we stayed the last night. Upon check-out the desk staff kindly picked up the bill for our last meal, but hey Scandic; I am not so sure I am coming back!

Room Tip: Go for a clean one if you can find it.
1  Thank Bo B
Tanja A, Guest Relations Manager at Scandic Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear Guest.

I am really sorry to read this review, I know my front office manager has been in contact with you, to apologise for this inconvinience, in compensation I know you have been offered a gift card.
I really hope that you will use this and we will have the opportunity to give you and your family a pleasent stay at Scandic Copenhagen.
Again my deepest apologies for this experience you had during your stay.

Best Regards
Scandic Copenhagen - Sales Supporter

There are newer reviews for Scandic Copenhagen

Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed one night for business. I had a single person room (wasn't aware that many hotels still provided these). The room was comfortable: very clean throughout, wet room style bathroom with a powerful shower, hairdryer provided, iron and ironing board, tv, air con, small table if you needed to do work. It was good for one night, any longer and I personally would be looking for more space to store clothes and a fridge for drinks. Perfect for a short trip.

The hotel itself is being renovated. Staff are friendly but when we asked about restaurants and bars to visit, they didn't seem to know! Maybe just a one-off with more junior staff?

Breakfast is good - a very extensive range of hot and cold foods, everything you could want and included.

I also noticed that the hotel has some bicycles to borrow out front. They looked well maintained. If I come again for a longer trip I would go for a cycle ride as this seems to be "the way" to get around the city. Also, it's a fair walk from the hotel (20-30 minutes) to the main city centre, much quicker on a bike!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the upper floors at the back of the hotel for good views over the city.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking your time to make a comment on trip advisor.
We are very pleased that your enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you at the new Scandic Copenhagen another time.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here when going for a wedding in Copenhagen. The hotel had a make-over recently and it appears new, nice and clean. The view of the lake is fantastic. The room and bath room had a nice size. The breakfast had a nice selection of food and there was plenty of food and staff eventhough the hotel was packed.
Very close to tivoli.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank villazio
Tanja A, Guest Relations Manager at Scandic Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Reviewed 20 August 2012

The hotel has a very good location, good service and good breakfast. Very busy and large hotel, but still good service and value for money with a family room. Easy walk to Tivoli and main shopping district. Parking is extra but in the basement, which is convenient when travelling by car.

2  Thank Swaerholm

Thank you for taking your time to make a comment on trip advisor.
We are very pleased that your enjoyed your stay with us during this high season, we know it is busy, so I am just pleased to hear that you and your family was satisfied.
We hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you at the Scandic Copenhagen another time.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Adequate room and hotel. Children accommodated on sofa bed, but room a little cramped with this open. A little overpriced for room size and facilities. Good breakfast. Well located for transport and tivoli.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Tanja A, Guest Relations Manager at Scandic Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear Guest.

We are always happy to get feed back, here at Scandic Copenhagen!
We Will take the case with the size of the family Room into considaration!
Thank you for choosing to stay at Scandic Copenhagen, we hope that we Will have the pleasure to welcoming you another time!

Scandic Copenhagen.