“The first thing to do in Copenhagen”
Review of Running Copenhagen

Running Copenhagen
More attraction details
Owner description: Running Copenhagen offers running sightseeing in Copenhagen with a local guide. We believe in giving our guests a personal experience, so do not expect a monologue from us about Copenhagen. Instead expect to be chatting most of the way with your guide about life in Copenhagen, politics, restaurants, biking culture, things to do etc. We will of course not let you down in terms of telling you about Copenhagen, so expect to hear lots about the city's history and culture, and don't hold back on any questions you may have. We are here to serve...and have fun. Happy Running, Lena
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We were guided by Lena on a city tour on our first morning in Copenhagen. An excellent and knowledgeable guide who kindly gave us plenty of breaks as we enjoyed the sights and history of the city. Despite the weather being less than ideal (imagine a typical Glasgow day ;)) we were totally oblivious to the drizzle as we went around which is testament to Lena's guiding skills and the fact she had warned us in advance that the forecast was not good and we were well wrapped up. If only the met office were as accurate ;). She was also kind enough to take several photos of us on our tour and even attempted to make my hat look slightly less ridiculous with her Photoshop skills!

I enthusiastically recommend this tour to any runners or joggers out there who want to get the inside track on Copenhagen.

1  Thank Stephen W
Lena_CPH, Owner at Running Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Hi Stephen, Glad you liked the photoshop attempt, though I am sure we can agree graphic designer is not my call in life :-) It was a super enjoyable run with you and Kathryn, and its great to hear you were oblivious to the otherwise rough weather, and still managed to enjoy Copenhagen.

Best of luck with all your hill running.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

First of all - do not miss it!
It is indeed the best way to see the city, hear about the history, the city anecdotes, good coffees and bakeries, and more...
I visited CPH for business and was slightly worried regarding the weather (-10c), so i wrote Running-CPH prior my arrival and Lena was kind enough to recommend right clothes. Eventually it was a nice sunny day (yet cold -5c), but i suggest u go running even in -20c.
As for Lena - she's knowledgeable about everything we've asked her, from literature and cinema, to history, shopping, food, and politics; and she likes what she's doing!
Last but not least, Lena has an amazing running technique! Probably other than the running trip itself i will remember her elegant running.

1  Thank Omer L
Lena_CPH, Owner at Running Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

Hi Omer,

Thanks for your company on the tour and also a great review. I always thought of The Little Mermaid, Nyhavn and Amalienborg being memorably, but never my running technique :-) (It must be the ECCO BIOM shoes!).

It was great to hear about life in Israel and I enjoyed our email exhange on winter-running-gear.

Best of luck with Rome Marathon and your extensive travels.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I promised myself 12mths ago that I would do this tour when next in CPH and I can safely say I was not let down. It is THE best way to see the sights, learn about the history of the city and gain some fabulous local knowledge into places to go such as good cafes, restaurants, galleries, museums... The places Lena showed and told me about are not on the "typical tourist map" and are fabulous! I feel now like CPH is a little bit of "my" city now.

Lena was amazing, I felt so comfortable with her, as if I was meeting a friend for a little jog somewhere awesome! She was beyond helpful with hot tips, suggestions and little bits of extra information to help me see what the locals see. Not forgetting the lovely email she sent me the next day with some additional tips on places to visit and things to do in addition to her earlier suggestions.

I did the "City Tour" in -17 degrees (apparently the coldest tour ever ran) and I wish I could do it all over again. In May, when I am back again, I will be booking two other tours at least. What more can one want? Great company with an informative, personable, fun guide; a beautiful easy to run city and a good laugh along the way?

This tour was the best I have done in Copenhagen! Thank you Lena, I will be seeing you in May! *maybe a little warmer then....

Nicholle :)

Lena_CPH, Owner at Running Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Hi Nicholle,

It was indeed a pleasure running with you, though a very cold one :-) And I am glad you enjoyed the tips and managed to see other sides of our fantastic capital.

See you April/May - and yes I hope its going to be somewhat warmer as well. Otherwise, its gonna be a very long spring season :-)

All the best,

Reviewed 30 January 2012

This running tour was the highlight of my recent short business trip to Copenhagen. I requested the Christiania tour and Lena was efficient, friendly and helpful in making the arrangements around my changing travel plans, and a wonderful guide on the day. For a runner there can surely be no better way to experience a city than in the company of a really knowledgeable local runner. This a great idea brilliantly executed.

Lena_CPH, Owner at Running Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Hi Michelle,

It was our pleasure and it was great to take you on a re-visit to Christiania in a very cold but sunny Copenhagen :-) Kristoffer and I enjoyed your company and hearing about your life in the UK as well.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

My wife and I went on the City Tour with Lena last weekend

It was a brilliant way to see the city - all the main sights in 90 minutes.

Lena was an excellent tour guide, really friendly and interesting.

I'd really recommend it - it was the best thing we did in our weekend in Copenhagen.

Hi John,

Thanks for the fantastic feedback and who would have thought a 90 minute run in freezing Copenhagen would be the highlight of a City Break in our fantastic capital :-). It was my pleasure to run with you both and more importantly lots of fun.