“What a shambles.....”

42 Raw
Ranked #174 of 2,786 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Price range: USD 11 - USD 20
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: Gluten-free, lactose-free og 100% plant-based
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Luckily, I had a gift card to pay for most of this lunch - otherwise i'd be furious!

My problem with 42 Raw is not just with the food - which was just on the borderline of being ok: if throwing stuff on a plate without any care or attention and missing key ingredients is considered to be ok here......
My issue is with the utter chaos in which we were forced to eat said food.

It was busy and there was clearly no method or coping mechanism in place for the staff to be able to deal with the pressure.
We ordered 2 brunches which arrived slowly with no granola in the granola bowls and some of the sweet potato "fries" cooked and some limp and raw (maybe that's intentional with the concept being "raw" food?! either way - it's not good enough).
The smoothies we ordered with these meals (at 60 kroner a go!!) arrived just over an hour later, after repeated ignored reminders and tasted sour and unpleasant. We had them "to go", as we were late for an appointment and mine lasted about 5 minutes before being ditched in to a street bin.

Whilst we were waiting for what seemed like an eternity for our food and drinks, we couldn't help but notice that the preparation area was utter chaos.
Bits of food scattered everywhere and bags of ingredients left out of the fridge on the counter sweating away in the April sun.
From our benches it was impossible not to see under the grill machines, which was a horror show...... It's been a very long time since that counter has been cleaned properly.

I generally don't like to write reviews so scathing. If somewhere is mediocre, i prefer just to get on with my life and simply not return! (as i'd decided to after my last visit to 42 Raw, before I was given a gift card) but on this occasion, it really wound me up.
42 Raw is pretty expensive and rides along on the coat-tails of a food-trend coining it in as it goes..... but it's not good enough. Based on my two experiences of the place, it is worse than mediocre and people need to call it out.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Fantastic avocado cherry tomato/avocado humus sandwiches accompanied with fresh spinach and whole wheat delicious bread. Great ginger/ mint lemonades and a variety of smoothies are available.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Tasty, high quality food that keeps you full for hours, even if the portions aren’t huge. It has the typical high prices of copenhagen, but here the taste makes it worth it.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

i am largely vegetarian though i eat seafood selectively and i am always on the look our for vegetarian and vegan food where ever i go. Europe as always does not disappoint on fresh ingredients and an unmatched skill of making bread. i like organic ingredients and normally prefer hot food The idea of raw food has been inspiring but but isn't something I always seek out

My wife brought my attention to 42 Raw when we were on holiday in CPH in July 2017. When I heard about 42Raw and saw the photos from here, I really wanted to try it. Everything looked so good! It was walking distance from our hotel and so wasn't out of the way to get here and it is in a quiet off street so you can have your meal in complete peace

We tried their avocado & hummus sandwich, sweet potato fries, acai bowl, granola bowl, avocado shake with strawberries and the cappuccino. All of which have been very good! It's very different than what I'm used to eating daily

we are used to hong kong prices so the prices was anything to grudge about. they are open for breakfast lunch and dinner and we had a late lunch here. we are big big fans of Avocado and you are spoilt for choice on the Avo options

I would strongly recommend you find the time and have one meal here. it is the right kind of energy to store up and walk a great city

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Went here for breakfast on a Friday morning. I ordered a acai bowl and a cappuccino with soy milk. Staff wasn't too friendly, but the food was good and looked very pretty! A little pricy but so is everything in Copenhagen haha. Would come here again!