“Perfect balance quality/cost”

Ranked #39 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Perfect balance quality/cost”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

You get exactly what you pay for at Wakeup Copenhagen - a place to stay, close to the city center without any frills.

I like when a hotel meets my expectations and this did: I expected a place to sleep, and got a comfortable bed, a place to shower, and got a cleverly designed bathroom, and wireless that works without endless codes and extra cost and got that.

My room even had a tiny desk with an ok chair and a tv - it also had a big window that opened.

Compared to other no frills low-cost hotels in Copenhagen - like Cab Inn - the room was quite a bit larger and the bed very much more comfortable. So I was happy.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Andreadoria56

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vejle, Denmark
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I like stadig here - clean rooms, free wifi and tv - easy parking (cost 140 kr I think it is) - but easy and nice is the key words.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank KennethDK
Germany
Reviewed 9 February 2012

My stay at Wakeup Copenhagen wasn't bad. The room was smaller than expected but I was there with a toddler so it wasn't a big deal. However, if you are going with someone you aren't that comfortable with get separate rooms or ask for a bigger room if they are available.

My room had a smell to it upon walking in but I traveled with a small bottle of Lysol for this particular reason so I sprayed the room.

I only stayed for one night as I was passing through there and got there a lot later than planned so all the free parking on the street was taken. I had to park in the garage which was 120 of their money. You can use your credit card when you leave there to pay for parking as you are leaving or you can pay for it at the front desk before leaving the hotel. If you park on the 2nd floor of the parking garage it puts you right in the lobby of the hotel.

You may want to bring adapters to charge things as they use the UK style plugs. The front desk my have some as I didn't need them but it was something that I noticed while there.

My room didn't have a clock, frig, safe or anything that normally comes in a hotel room. The room was very basic and that suited me just fine since I was only there for one night. The bed seemed extra hard there. I have stayed in quite a few hotels around the world and this one stuck out in my mind most for hardness.

There was a door that I am guessing connected my room to the next room but I kept it locked. There weren't any extra locks on the door like most hotels for extra security.

The shower was a little different. It was circular in style but if you close the doors there wasn't much space in there so I just left them open.

I didn't try the breakfast but from all the other reviews I wasn't so sure I wanted to anyway.

Front desk staff was very helpful upon arrival and departure.

If I get the chance to return to Copenhagen I would definitely consider staying here again as the hotel was really down the street from the main walk platz. It would have been a nice walk if it wasn't so cold out but the trams were right there.

It was really cold during my time in Copenhagen and this hotel is near water so that my have been why it was so cold near it.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank LadyLev
Ebeltfoft
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I was hoping to come to CPH and have a nice hotel with a spacious room, located in a lively neighborhood. When I arrived at the "Wake Up Copenhagen" hotel, I was extremely dissapointed, and left to find a better hotel. I'm a 20 year old college student, and even by my standards this was bad. It was clean but small, had this feeling that it was trying to be something it definitely is not, which is a fancy and high class hotel, and was situated in a part of Copenhagen that made me feel like I was in some of the worst parts of America (where I'm from). Not worth the money, go for the Astoria Hotel, even closer to the train station and the action in Copenhagen, not to mention it's cheaper and in no way pretentious.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Sebastian L
Trondheim
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We went there during a very cold wekeend in February. The location was good - it was easily reached from the trainstation (with trains coming from or leaving to the airport went every 20 minutes), in a very quiet area with nothing much but offices. There were no restaurants or anything like that around the hotel. The walking distance to the Tivoli was probably 10 minutes.

We had booked the cheapest room, and were afraid we would be on the ground floor, and were therefore happy to be placed at the fourth floor, with good view. The rooms are small, but that didn't bother us. It was clean, a big television with loads of channels, and a comfy bed.

The bathroom was in the beginning something quite odd to get used to. The walls and door are not completely see through, but you can see the movements both if you're inside the bathroom or sitting on the bed. Still - the bathroom itself was brand new, shiny and clean.

Overall the room felt a bit like being on the smallest room in a cruise boat, only with a bigger window, nicer flooring, better bathroom, a more comfortable bed and obviously a much better view.

Also - while it was freezing outside, the temperature inside the room was never a problem. The staff was helpful whenever we needed them, and there was a clever luggage room in the basement where you could lock in your luggage for 20 DKK if you arrived Copenhagen early, and left late in the evening (which we did).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple