Realistically you're only staying in Legoland Holiday Village if you're visiting the nearby attractions.
We stayed for a couple of nights and visited Legoland on both days.
This is not a "normal" campsite, so I'm not going to review it using my standard format.
Firstly, the negative - the price. It costs at least double what you'd expect from a normal campsite, at 675 DKK per night (we stayed in Denmark for the rest of our trip at less than 250 DKK). It also has a very expensive shop on site that I'd recommend avoiding.
However, it does offer a lot more than your usual campsite - my assumption is that Legoland is trying to entice less frequent campers. There is a cooking area with gas hobs to use, a bbq area, excellent family shower and bathroom facilities, and a large kids playground on site. There are also various Lego sculptures of animals scattered around, which my kids thought were really cool. On top of this, it is a very short (5 min with toddlers) walk from the main entrance to Legoland.
Legoland Holiday Village ends up being a pretty simple place to review. If you're going to Legoland and want to stay, it is one of the cheapest options. It is very well located and the continuing Lego themes really worked for the kids. If you're thinking of just camping here for any other reason, then avoid it - it costs far more than most other campsites and if you're not enough of a Lego fan to visit the park, then this won't be for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the doorstep of LEGOLAND® is the new LEGOLAND® Holiday Village, a cosy holiday location for the entire family, including a hostel, cabins and a campsite with lots of outdoor activities and plenty of room for fun and games. Live like cowboys in our impressive Wild West cabins, real Indians in our tipi tents or like pirates in our family rooms. Or bring your own caravan or tent and enjoy the many activities and features offered at the campsite.LEGOLAND Holiday Village features a LEGO® shop, playgrounds, a petting zoo, bonfire sites and, naturally, excellent shopping opportunities. We also offer a pirate restaurant where you can enjoy a large and delicious breakfast buffet or your evening meal. Furthermore, we are neighbours of the Lalandia aqua park and Billund Bad swimming centre if you feel like having a splash. Bring your entire family to LEGOLAND® Holiday Village. You will have the best time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your LEGOLAND Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legoland Village Hotel Billund
- LEGOLAND Holiday Village Denmark/Billund