All reviews gin bar business trip nice modern design separate toilet wine and beer business corner office building wonderful shower free hot drinks great business floor room vending machine danish design modern hotel shopping centre corporate rate handy location
Reviewed 13 October 2018

This hotel checks all the usual boxes for a business traveler, with a few extras along the way. Highlights:

1. Updated design: rooms small but cozy and clean. Lobby welcoming and breakfast well done.
2. Friendly staff: Warm, responsive, attentive, with good recommendations of nearby running paths, restaurants and sights.
3. Convenient location: steps from the train, and a 10-15 min walk gets you to the ARoS Art Museum, Viking Museum, Cultural Center. A 5 mins walk gets you to shopping mall, and a string of great restaurants.

For the price, you won't find better.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Nicoline R, Gæsteansvarlig at Comwell Aarhus, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear Jason,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

It is a pleasure to see that we were able to meet all your expectations. We are happy that our location is to your satisfaction and our service appreciated.

It has been a pleaure accommodating you and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards
Nicoline Håkansson

Reviewed 8 October 2018

I spent my first two nights ever in Denmark at the Aarhus Comwell. My arrival was made pleasant by friendly, welcoming staff, fluent in English and there was a modern ambience and stylish feel on arrival.

My twin-bed 11th floor room was spacious, clean, quiet and undoubtedly relaxing. The lifts were always efficient and needing a room key to activate them somehow added a sense of security. My bed was comfy with an amusing twist in that the duvet was prepared by being folded sideways and halved; never before encountered!

The hotel wi-fi was free and the room TV easy to operate, including BBC World Service. Slightly surprised that bedrooms didn't have in-room drink-making facilities. These were available on specific floors, but an unnecessary complication. No room fridge either.

Breakfast was primarily of self-service buffet style, tasty and with plenty of choice. Omelettes were cooked to order. There are bars, a restaurant and other facilities available, but I didn't use these. Car parking is in the basement area.

Overall, this is a modern, clean hotel, well placed for the centre of Aarhus and worthy of consideration. I'd be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have good views and are quiet
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
MartinJ3883, Gæsteansvarlig at Comwell Aarhus, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear C J,

Greetings from Comwell Aarhus.

Many thanks for staying at our hotel and for sharing a lovely review.

We are pleased to receive your comments and happy to note that staying with us was a pleasant experience.

Hopefully we can welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Martin Jensen,

Reviewed 14 September 2018

I stayed here for 1 night in a single room for what must have been $150 USD, which is way too high for what I received. The room was a small pod hotel room and actually lesser than my room a few blocks away at a similar hotel for $50 less per night.

The bed duvet is the smallest I've ever had anywhere and did not cover my body with my feet hanging out a lot... No window opens in the room for fresh air, which other hotels offer. The bed felt like a full US size, so too small for 2 people, but ok for 1.

Also, I was charged $190 at check-in by the receptionist who did not see I had already paid in full weeks before my arrival at a rate that was $40 USD less..They later refunded it at check out.

The only good thing about this hotel is the breakfast. It seemed most people at breakfast were affluent families traveling together or celebrating a wedding together at the hotel that weekend....

Lastly, it's not as close to town as the competing hotel nearby that is $50 less per night and closer to everything.

I would only stay here if someone else was footing the bill, like your employer.....

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Nicoline R, Gæsteansvarlig at Comwell Aarhus, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Dear Relax M,

Thank you for your feedback as it contributes to improvement of our services.

I am sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the misunderstanding regarding payment, when we only want to give you the best service possible.

For your next stay I will reccommend you to book one of our corner rooms, which is more spacious and with a king size bed.

We have been happy to accommodate you and hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards
Nicoline Håkansson

Reviewed 13 September 2018

I wanted to mention and remark that the staff was nice, carefull and always available.
The hotel was nice - from outside. Also I think the facilities were nice. Another great point is the breakfast. It was a really great and complete breakfast.

The problem: The room (1020) was the terribly ugly part of it. It has nothing to do with the hotel aspect. I didn't notice it at the time of the reservation and I got disapointed when I saw it. The Bed was not confortable, two mushy pillows and no other pillow in the room.The decoration, I mean, the lack it, called up my attention too. The walls were white and lifeless.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
MartinJ3883, Gæsteansvarlig at Comwell Aarhus, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Dear Tales S,
Thank you for sharing feedback.

We appreciate your comments in regards to the hotel staff, nice facilities and great and complete breakfast. However, I am sorry to note that you did not like the room and that the bed was not comfortable.

I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back for another visit.

Best regards,

Martin Jensen

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Spend a weekend in Aarhus and stayed at Comwell. The hotel is fine. The room we stayed in were standard size, but with a great view across the harbour. The bathroom/toilet were not well isolated, so if you new to each other, this might be a problem. Noice as such coming from the outside were not an issue in the room.
The breakfast were good. There were fairly crowded at the restaurant due to large grooups, but it was still ok.
Service were good and staff were nice.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Martin J, Gæsteansvarlig at Comwell Aarhus, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear kas_munk,
Greetings from Comwell Aarhus. Thank you for providing a review.

It is pleasing to note that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. I am glad you were well looked after during your stay, and I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced from large groups at breakfast.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind regards,