All reviews train station central location fresh orange juice great location all spoke perfect english working internet breakfast was amazing within walking distance definitely stay at this hotel again bread every morning open the window business trip small bathroom city hall breakfast included bacon
Reviewed 3 October 2018

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Marlene K, General Manager at Scandic The Mayor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

The best thing about the hotel is its central location right next to the beautiful city hall. However the rooms and a tv-rollen are very tiny, the walls are thin. The hotel has placed the garbage containers right outside the hotel rooms facing the courtyard parking lot. They were emptyed by a truck right outside my window at 4:30 in the morning.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear mannamagda

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to read that you liked the location however I am sorry for the noise in your room.

I really hope we get a chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Well located near the railway station and other public transport links. The room was clean and comfortable. Surprisingly quiet given the central location. I enjoyed the breakfast. Our group had pre-booked lunch in the restaurant- that was also good. Staff were efficient. The wi-fi worked well and there was a tea making facility in the room with good quality tea.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Marlene K, General Manager at Scandic The Mayor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear fussytourist

Thank you very much for your kind review that means a lot to us.
I really hope, we get a chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

I booked this hotel because of the location and the rating on trip advisor. I cannot understand how this hotel has received 9.3. I am not a critical person and have stayed in numerous types of hotels over the years and this hotel room is the worst. The staff were friendly and helpful. I paid a lot of money for a single room and I would have been better off with a cardboard box. It was extremely small as was the bathroom. I am of average height and build so how the larger person manages I have no idea. My room was not cleaned for the 3 days I was there. The breakfast was good and I did look forward to it. The hotel has a central location and is not very far from the train station. You cannot sleep with the window open due to the noise. This hotel is over priced and is only suitable for business people and not those on vacation.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Marlene K, General Manager at Scandic The Mayor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear jdunca628925

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to read your comments regarding my colleagues but of course I am sorry to read your comments regarding the room, we do have many different room types and sizes, also rooms facing the street but also facing backyards and therefore quiet and we always do our best to find quiet rooms if a guest requires that.

I really do hope we get a chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Small rooms. Pretty outdated. Keycard didn’t work - had to walk to reception and exchange keycard 4 times in one day. So many better alternatives in Aarhus than this hotel. Also a lot of noise from the street and very few parking places. Had to park my car in a near by shopping center.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Marlene K, General Manager at Scandic The Mayor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Z7181DVmartin

Thank you for your review which I am sorry to read. We have many different room types and therefore also sizes and some of them the rooms are small rooms, but for sure our keycard has to work for all rooms, so I am very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
We have parking at the hotel and when we are sold out, then we have an agreement at the same prices nearby, so we make sure to be able to offer parking spaces, I am sorry this the best alternative I can offer.
I really do hope we get a chance to welcome you back.