“Nice shabby french inspired atmosphere ”
Review of No.61

Ranked #8 of 302 Restaurants in Odense
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Nice decorations and atmosphere. Menu is rather short. We had 2 courses and basic wine package. The food was very good. Service was efficient and good. The first round of wines excellent. Second round was fine but did not complement the main course perfectly , i would give the wine 4 points out of 6. Price was reasonable. Well worth the visit.

1  Thank Thomas746

Reviewed 15 December 2017

A very pleasant restaurant with some lovely dishes and a good selection of wine. The staff were helpful and attentive and the place had a nice relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

We were unaware of the fact that restaurants in late November and throughout December are busy in Denmark as Christmas approaches so call ahead and make reservations. The first night in Odense we were turned away from 3 restaurants because we did not have reservations and this was at about 7:30pm.

We looked on various restaurant apps and plotted the restaurants for each night. However, on the second day we were in Odense we heard about No. 61 from a young cabbie on the way back to the hotel who said this place was just voted number one in Odense. We went there that evening of course without reservations. The staff went out of their way to try to get the 4 Americans seated at No. 61. They were great! The prime beef was excellent and the ambience was excellent. They burn what appear to be bees wax candles which burn slowly in their windows and they have full length windows on all sides. The view of foot traffic and holiday lights was pretty cool. I would recommend this place. You get what you pay for here.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

The restaurant is located conveniently in downtown Odense. It is on the corner of the shopping street and walking distance from the Hans Christian Andersen House and other nearby attractions.

I don't like to dine for one because I find it hard to try new dishes and often find it hard to get a table. This wasn't the case here. I came in and was given a table with no time pressure. I actually felt pressured to eat slower because the server kept insisting that I had the table for two hours regardless of how much food I ordered.

I asked for their recommendations and chose the salted beef dish to start. It was a more typical Scandinavian dish and I followed with the fish. (attached an image of the menu). I couldn't decided if I wanted a two or three course meal and was kindly told that I could decide later to add the dessert if I was still hungry or wanted something sweet.

The restaurant had good service with lots of attention. The food was well executed, although on the heavily salted side as typical in Denmark for my taste buds. Overall a great meal in a nice environment.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Nice place with a good athmosphere. Fast serving. Delicious taste. Privelevel okay. Not so much On the plates. Nice Wines.