“Best Taverna in Skyros island”
Review of Taverna tis Popis

Ranked #22 of 53 Restaurants in Skyros
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Top Taverna in Acherounes and in Skyros.
Best quality, smily faces, willing to please.
I cannot suggest anything more than that taverna in Skyros.
Try late afternoon or early evening, is less busy and the sunset is well worth it
Lobster pasta is top of the top as well as fried calamari.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

The food was amazing and home made. The ingredients are fresh and the cook is excellent. Also, the restaurant has very delicious kolokythokeftedes. The service is also very good. The people are truly kind. I definitely recommend this place!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

There's no other way to put it.. the chef, Popi's daughter, Anna cooks with so much Looooove that her food just oozes with the most amazing & tantalising flavours..

We were absolutely blown away by this little seafood tavern which happened to be tucked away in corner of the beach we swam at in Acherounes on Skyros island. We asked about it when we came back to our holiday apartment yesterday & as our manager recommended it, we decided to dine there today .. I'm not sure words can describe just how much we enjoyed everything, including the setting.

We had the tart/frittata, barbounia & gavros fish, zucchini flower croquettes, soutzoukakia(meat balls in a tomato based sauce) & salad..

Every dish was made with quality ingredients, had its own unique flavour & was absolutely sensational.. Even the Mille-feuille desert was exceptional.

Do yourself & your tummy a favour and dine here as soon as you can.. We just found out they'll be packing up this weekend due to end of season .. why wait another year !!!

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Teenz222
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Spent a wonderful afternoon at this taverna, with my wife, sister in law and husband. The beautiful host Anna gave us a lovely welcome and made us feel as though we were friends eating at her home, rather than guests. The food was the best we have savoured on Skyros, freshly made and very tasty. The moussaka was delicious and my sister in law and husband were equally impressed by the 'chicken and tomato' and the fresh fish soup. Accompanied by local wine, and rounded off by home made complimentary desserts and coffee, made for a perfect afternoon. All in all a fantastic meal, reasonably priced, with warm and friendly hospitality. A place to visit whilst on Skyros for sure. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

I discovered it by luck and the only thing I can say is that eating here is like eating Mediterranean food in paradise!!!I I strongly recommend everything

Date of visit: September 2016