Hotel Bretania
USD 46
  • Room Service
USD 105
USD 122
Aar Hotel & Spa(Ioannina)(Great Value!)
USD 91
USD 67
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 December 2013

It's centrally located, and while the building isn't in the best condition, my room was clean, quiet, well-maintained. Fairly standard for the price. Although the staff don't speak more than a handful of words of English between them, they're polite and friendly.
The breakfast though - absolutely outstanding. Choices of cereals, cold meat, cheese, spreads, various kinds of breads and pastries, and the best part? Fresh waffles. With Nutella. And good coffee.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We had not made an online booking so we opted for cash payment. The owner of the hotel made us pay more than the price that the hostess at the check-in gave us.
The worst part is that he started shouting and cursing in Greek, (no-one could speak English and it was very difficult to communicate with anyone...) so we started using the language of signs as we could not understand what his problem was. The experience was horrible!!! All the other guests were staring. Apparently there was a miss-understanding between the hostess and him, but he did not call her and continued yelling (always in Greek). I had never been treated with such rudeness in any hotel in my life! An believe me... I have traveled a lot.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank MGK196
Reviewed 8 September 2013

At first site walking into the hotel rooms, they seem luxurious; the bed, the bathroom. Taking a better look you see that the towels are worn out and the bathrobes are dirty (definitely been used and not washed). There was no hot water in the morning in order to shower and although breakfast is served in a lovely café next door (same owner) and you can find freshly squeezed orange juice and fresh mixed fruit juice, you better go early because they do not refill platters. In fact a couple that walked in after us asked “is this all the food?!”. The location is great but that’s it. If I were to go back to Ioannina (beautiful town), I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Athena S
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed for 2 nights.
Perfect location, helpfull receptionists and really clean rooms. More than enough towels in the bath.
The recent refurbishment is a plus.
The parking space facility was a pleasant surprise.
Lovely breakfast at the patisserie on the ground level (by the way, don't you dare miss their ice cream!) with the ammount and type of coffee anyone needs. Smiley and friendly staff there as well.
Just a negative thing: Quite noisy for siesta but according to the staff, the management is aware of the problem (caused by the renovation) and planning to fix the problem (meanwhile, you better ask for a room away from the reception and elevator as every little noise, even the printer, resonates.)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2012

The hotel was in a good position, the girl was very helpful on the desk and the breakfast was very good with lots of choice. The room was kept very clean for us. The private parking was a big bonus in the centre of the city. .But our room had no view, the shutter would not close and the wifi only worked for one hour out of the five days we were there. The corridor and other areas were very badly maintained.Our booking including a breakfast buffet and a light meal from the cafe downstairs but we were presented with a bill for the light meal and had to complain about it. We were embarrassed by this and only had one light meal during our stay instead of the five we were entitled to. Many staff speak no English and it was difficult to explain to them.

When we checked out the man told us the credit card machine was not working and asked for cash but the girl said it was working. We had to pay cash and he seemed annoyed when I asked for a receipt for the cash. I told him in Greek I live in Greece and I know I can refuse to pay if a tax receipt is not given. He gave me a receipt eventually for less than we paid him. I found this very annoying and it spoiled my final morning at the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, only a couple have one. Most of the rooms face the wall! Some of the bigger rooms have a bath rather than just a shower cubicle. It was quite noisy during the night outside the hotel. Don't depend on the wifi working as it is very unstable.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple