“Kats Visit”

Naxos Horse Riding Club
Ranked #19 of 48 Outdoor Activities in Naxos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ride through the 'jungle roads' onto the beach. Most tours ride through the sea to a small island. We stop on the way back at a beach cafe to buy a drink and enjoy the view across to Paros or in the evening watch the sunset.All abilities are catered for from beginners to advanced riders.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Kats Visit”
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Well what can I say I came to Naxos to stay with Linda I had the opportunity to have a go at horse riding at first I was a little nervous but Linda made me feel at ease she put me on penny who was a lovely horse the 1st ride I did was about half an hour with 2 of the girls and enjoyed that so Linda put me on the 2 hour ride and that was really good as you rode along the lovely scenery of naxos and across the lovely beach . Would of loved to do the 3 hour ride but wasn't enough time before I went home . The staff at naxos horse riding are lovely and put you at ease . Linda is so kind and professional and cares deeply about the horses and her job . Would love to come back next summer so I can ride again x

Visited September 2016
Linda B, Manager at Naxos Horse Riding Club, responded to this review, 3 October 2016
Thank you for your lovely review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future

• Greek first
Athens, Greece
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“You have to try it!!”
Reviewed 29 September 2016

It was an exciting experience! I was afraid of riding because it was my first time riding, but the staff turned my stress in a pleasant walk.
Is a professional with experienced guides. It is an ideal activity for all!

Visited September 2016
Thank you for your kind review. We hope this experience will encourage you to come again.
“What a lovely place”
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

I came to Naxos with my family for vacation and first day there we found ads for riding on the beaches - an obvious to-do thing for me. So I forced the other to come with me - they were all beginners - and we ended up having such a nice time.

We had a really sweet guide who took us through bamboo tracks and fields until we reached the beach, which was the highlight of the ride. We were on a 3 hour tour, so we got to ride through water (awesome) and stop at a beach café next to the sea. We got to see a complete different side of the island on the ride, which was really appreciated.

Thank you Linda, we will hopefully be back next year!

Visited August 2016
Linda B, Manager at Naxos Horse Riding Club, responded to this review, 22 August 2016
Thank you very much for a great review. We look forward to seeing you again next year .
Kent
“Professional, welcoming and great value for money!”
Reviewed 18 August 2016

We were so thrilled to find Naxos Riding Club and our experience was perfect for my 9 year old daughter - a lover of horses but a novice rider. Linda the owner is passionate about what she does, animal welfare is her main priority as well ensuring an excellent experience for her customers. She runs a tight ship and her horses are lovingly cared for by an obviously dedicated team of young, friendly and knowledgeable staff.
We were lucky to be the only two riders booked for the morning ride and our guide was both highly competent and friendly. She immediately put my daughter at ease and we enjoyed a beautiful hack to the beach and riding through the water was the highlight of my daughter's holiday. I hope that we will be able to return next year to experience cantering on the vast expanse of sands which must be amazing. Thank you for a wonderful morning!

Visited August 2016
Linda B, Manager at Naxos Horse Riding Club, responded to this review, 18 August 2016
Thank you so much for the super review. We are really happy that you appreciate our hard work and had such a good time. We will look forward to that canter on the beach next year. KEEP RIDING !!
Dublin, Ireland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Worst experience of my life - thrown off my horse”
Reviewed 17 August 2016

Me and my friend booked a two hour beginner tour with Linda. When we arrived we were shown our horses - everyone else's horse were together and quite small. My horse was huge (for a beginner like me I was terrified) and was separated from the rest of the horses. I was so nervous getting on but Linda assured me that this was a lovely horse and wouldn't cause me any hassle. Two minutes into the tour my horse tried to kick the horse behind me and in doing so jumped up. I almost fell off and from there was petrified. The leader closest to me was nice but not the most helpful when it came to controlling my horse. I spent the whole two hours wishing it was over as I was so nervous. My horse spent the whole tour biting the horse in front of it and trying to kick the horse behind.

As we were coming to the end of our tour the front guide announced that we were going to try to trot. At no point while booking or before the tour was trotting ever mentioned - we were all beginners and I had no experience with this so didn't want to trot at all. I called out saying 'No I don't want to trot' but was IGNORED by the leaders. We started to trot and I had no control so yelled 'STOP' and we did. The leader then decided we would try again, and again I shouted that I didn't want to do it and several times asked could I PLEASE not trot. She trotted anyway and my horse decided to pull out of the line and gallop straight past everyone. I lost my balance and fell forward, lost the reigns and had to cling on to his neck to stay on. I was screaming for help the whole time but it took ages for one of the leaders to actually come to help me. I got back the reins, pulled hard and stopped my horse just as a leader came up behind. This spooked my horse and it galloped off again. This time I completely lost my balance and fell off the horses neck landing on my head and back. I was shaking and crying and the leader carried on as if NOTHING HAD HAPPENED. She told the rest of the group to stay calm and kept the line walking straight past me without saying a word to me. No leader got off there horse to check was I okay. My friend had to demand to be taken off her horse so she could come over to console me.

We walked behind the line of horses back to the range - all the while I was trying not to cry. I had smacked my head pretty badly and it was pounding. When I got back Linda hadn't even been informed yet and assumed everything went great. When I told her what happened and started crying she brushed it off as a little accident that wasn't a big deal. Told me to go and wash myself off and drove us back to town. She just wanted rid of us. None of the leaders checked my head or my injuries or showed an ounce of care or sympathy for what happened under their watch to a beginner rider.

I love horses but can now say I will never ride one again thanks to the negligence of this horse riding company. The leaders are young summer staff who did not know how to handle an accident - I'm just lucky it wasn't any more severe.

3 Thank Catriona L
We are really sorry you did not enjoy your experience with us. However I must point out that all our rides are for all levels of rider not just for beginners or experienced riders. Horses are living creatures and can sometimes have an 'off day' the same as we do. It appears that this was your horses off day. She has carried many beginners in the 8 summers she has done this job. The size of the horse has nothing to do with rider level. Some small horses and ponies can only be ridden by experienced riders and big horses by beginners. If you had said you did not want to ride her ,we would have changed her . The guides ,who may only be in their 20's offer instruction before and during the ride. They are qualified riders and are trained guides. As a beginner you possibly would not know the different paces of horses and this horse trotted and when you fell forward your legs would have gone back which the horse would have assumed you were asking for a faster pace. At NO POINT did she gallop.
The guides moved the other people past you to a safe position. You were helped and your horse was led back by a guide. At the ranch I distinctly remember advising you about concussion as you said you had banged your head. Also I did advise you to have a wash and relax . I then took you back to the drop off point which is the hospital. We have always prided ourselves on our safety standards and fortunately accidents are few and far between.