All reviews offers great views old town floor room rooms are clean rented a car min walk breakfast and dinner recommend this hotel cleaned every day crete balconies
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Im curently in this hotel! i only can say kind words.... Tanassis, Georgina, Ani... best staff ever! I will be back next year!
Room 208!:-)
Location is perfect, nice rooms, food is perfect! All the best!
Thank you friends!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I have just returned from the brascos hotel with my mum and boyfriend, I would only recommend this hotel if your wanting to explore rethymno or stay for a couple of nights! It wasnt a comfortable stay for a holiday, it was really noisy and kept us up through the night with outside noise and the noisy corridors of 1st floor. Hotel was clean and breakfast was ok hot food just looked really greasy! There was more sweet selection than proper food!
FIRE ALARMS liked to go of during the afternoon this was really annoying especially if you was having a nap, because you was so tired through not sleeping properly.
My mum had booked a room with a balcony but didn't get one, she had to have her curtains closed all week because it was overlooked by another room opposite.
Roof top bar was good it's nice to have a drink up there and looks like it's been recently modernised, The hotel bedrooms are In need of a update especially the bathrooms. Overall I gave it poor because of lack of sleep I came home really tired!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank lauranicks
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We were a family of 5 that celebrated an engagement and a 70th birthday for a few days in Rethymno. Our elders (who ordered and payed for both rooms) and my partner's brother got a triple room with a balcony. My partner and I got a double room 'without' a balcony, eventhough we payed for a balcony through booking.com.

This somewhat run-down hotel indeed have it's charm, but their primary problems isn't the facilities itself, nor it's friendly staff - It's main issue is the management, in which specifically we name the hotel manager and his obnoxious second hand in command, called "Ms Afhrodite".

The latter, she gave us perhaps one of the worst examples of customer service we have experienced while on a vacation on Crete. She was unstructured about how many days our elders had, behaved intolerable and arrogant towards me and my partner's complaint that we didn't get a balcony. The whole time I mentioned compensation on the spot she was highly reluctant to even bother helping me out, in the end she offered only three forms of compensations that were only a fraction of the cost we payed for the extra balcony. She even claimed that a room at Brascos hotel "with or without a balcony is the same price"..? Reading a few other reviews on TripAdvisor (among others), apparently this isn't the first time paying customers have gotten a room "without a view"...

We have recently demanded a refund for the lack of a balcony, but also gotten word from a reply mail from booking.com where she (or someone else from management) has claimed that two of us accepted free drinks as compensation (which we never accepted nor took, I only received a bottle of water) but they have also written half-truths and irrelevant fabrications that one of us got into a hospital "because of too many drinks" (which is irrelevant to our complaint and total bs in general). This pityful behavior doesn't only say alot about how unprofessional the management is, but also about their low character.

Bytheway, a few minutes ago we got word from booking.com that we will get a total amount of 40€ back for the balcony (however we initially payed around 50€).

We have no idea if Ms Afhrodite & Co may not master the english language well enough, but that doesn't matter, they simply shouldn't work with people after a thing like this, because it's pretty evident that they don't understand (or care) about customer service as a whole.

All 5 of us share the same evaluation that this hotel has it's issues based on it's management, not it's staff. It's unorganized, unprofessional and they clearly doesn't value communication towards their visitors.

We will not return, nor do we recommend others to stay here. This hotel clearly deserves a change of people in charge to survive.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Epicurean666
stavros d, Manager at Brascos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

This is the first time we get a review like that for the hotel and management.
I do not think if someone go through all our reviews in every portal or website will find such an accusation for the management.
When clients have gotten a compensation which they accepted and then they want money back the last day the payment is due and try everything and they do not get it then they take their "revenge" by making a review like that.
If it is not true we assisted the clients last day or not this is something they know themselves.
We make more than 40.000 overnighrts per year in our hotel and with many repeaters and happy clients. Never had a review like that.
Each one can make its own conclusions.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Decent hotel with good location near old town with many restaurants and shops.
But, you need to walk (to the city beach) or take a bus (very good and cheep) or taxi to some beach club (10-15 minutes ride).
City beach is quite packed and you need to cross the street to get some coffee&drinks,
or have a lunch, but also you can bring your own.

Room Tip: Its more quiet in the room on the upper floors and facing parking, but you might hear some noise from the roof top bar..
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Although I was sceptic when I saw this hotel, along with users' pictures and not so good reviews I must admit that I was completely wrong! Rooms are clean, we had breakfast and dinner -completely fair and tasty.
Stuff is pleasant and helpful, you can ask them for any info you need, they will be happy to help.
I've been here for 10 days, each 2nd day sheets and towels are changed, room is cleaned daily.
Only one thing is annoying, as hotel is in city centre, it look on one of the main streets so it can be loud during the night. Get some ear plugs in nearest pharmacy and you will get good sleep :)
We were on second floor with a room looking on the street but we survived!
Wish you good holiday on Crete!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple