Open today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Superb place to learn to dive

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Wander373366
Friendly Team !

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
LightPacker608567
via mobile

All reviews diving experience marine life hotel pool star fish personal instructor underwater world split into groups mini market lots of beautiful fish amazing instructor language groups languages spoken shallow water open water beautiful scenery visited twice different languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My teenage children just qualified in half term as PADI open water divers with Konstantin as their instructor. He was fantastic with them,friendly, calm, clear, supportive and was a major factor in them attaining their qualification so quickly. It is a beautiful place to dive and so perfect for learning to dive. I couldn't recommend Konstantin highly enough!

2  Thank Wander373366
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had the pleasure of diving with Jerome and being introduced to the 3 lion fish which had unusually made this corner of Crete their home !
As with most of the Mediterranean, overfishing and pollutants have reduced the fish numbers.However the team at Kalypso valiantly provide a warm, gentle and encouraging dive experience and point out small creatures and interesting rock formations. Jerome (free of charge) emailed some wonderful post-dive pictures and was a perfect dive guide.
There is a nice walk you can also do along the cliffs if you are there for the day. Furthermore day guests may use the adjoining hotel swimming pool. Bring a few Euros for lunch and coffee and you will have a great day out!
Thankyou .. to a hard working and delightful scuba team!
Nick

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

This is really a very great diving place and the stuff is just awesome. So friendly and helpful. They take care of the people and there diving spot.

Thumbs up and keep on with your enthusiasm!

Thx

1  Thank Carsten K
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Diving with Kalypso dive-center was an amazing experience!

If it's your first time diving I strongly recommend this company to do your first dive. You dive in an amazing bay with a lot of fishes and a private instructor 100% focus on you. I felt really safe with this method (one instructor for each diver).

You also have some free time that you can spend exploring the area. Kalypso gives you (for the day) all the equipment that you need to do some snorkeling in the bay.

I will be back for sure!

Reviewed 9 September 2018

we came here to do our PADI Open Water Diving qualification, and were made to feel very welcome from the very start.
A fantastic location, freindly and welcoming atmosphere, and professional and helpful instructors.

Thanks guys :-)

Nina & Jonathan

2  Thank jkennedy2018
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Great underwaterworld, great instructors and just really nice being in the beatiful bay.
Also there is an underwater foto service

1  Thank valeelargentino
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Great day out and superb teaching. Safety is paramount and the delivery is both fun and professional. Panos and AJ both Great instructors. AJ gives you the best support in the water yet let’s you enjoy the dive according to your level of confidence. I strongly recommend Kalypso if you’re new to diving and want a safe confidence inspiring introduction.

4  Thank Greg C
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

If you didn't dare yet to try scuba diving, but you wish to, this is the perfect place to start. The site is beautiful, with turquoise waters, protected from currents and winds, and you don't need to go on a boat to have an amazing experience. The staff is competent and friendly. I really recomend.

5  Thank chenriques2018
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Kalypso staff were all amazing, very helpful and friendly. My family booked a dive and my boys ages 10 and 13 loved it. Good one to one lesson and praises to Christo who patiently guided me until I felt relaxed as Im afraid of deep waters. In the end I was able to finish my lesson and enjoyed the dive confidently Lovely souvenir photos to take home as well. Many thanks Kalypso!

1  Thank Gecus15
Reviewed 26 August 2018

We got our diver's certification with them. We dived for a week and had more than 10 dives. I would say we explored everything the place had to offer, and definitely plan to go back in a couple of years to have a look at it with a more expert eye.

Referring to other reviews:
The staff is very friendly and customer-centered. The equipment may be a bit battered, but definitely not worse than it is usual for a dive center. The "not much to see and hardly any fish" is simply not true: we had "bad day" dives and there were still lots of fish around.

Pro-tip: if you can, do a night-dive.

2  Thank Daniel K