“Magic Restaurant!!! ”

Veneto Wine Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 401 Restaurants in Rethymnon
Price range: USD 7 - USD 57
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Veneto Restaurant is located in Rethymno Old Town since 1997 when it first started its operation. It is regarded as one of the top restaurants in the area & it's certified by the 'Agronutritional cooperation of Crete' with the quality label 'CRETAN CUISINE'.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great venue and great people, when we first looked at Veneto online my wife and I said "wow" so we called and spoke with them. They were so professional, patient and so kind and answered any questions we had or requests! When we got to see the venue it was everything we wanted and more! We picked the main Hall with the windows and the beautiful chandelier. We wanted our reception to be private and comfortable. The food we served was the Role chicken fillet.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Where to start..
We attended this restaurant 3 TIMES while we where to island with in 1 week ...
The food here was perfect ...
The best food and the best service of all time ! We enjoyed every moment and waiting to come back again thank you!

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Great Night At Veneto!
Service cannot get any better! Returned here and felt like we were visiting friends! Great food and nice bottle of wine. We decided to book Christmas Night to accommodate a few visiting friends and all were incredible! We listened to some great live music and the ambient was festive and amazing. We were so full we could barely eat the nice dessert! Yiannis and Argyro do a wonderful job! Thank you!

VENETOSUITES, Manager at Veneto Wine Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear Guests,

Please allow us to thank you for dining with us and for the lovely critique of yours. It is always such a delight when our guests share their moments of joy at Veneto Restaurant on Trip advisor. We especially appreciated the time you spent to comment on our Christmas Eve dinner and your overall experience. We are looking forward to welcome you at our restaurant next time you are in town.
Best regards

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Our family with two children (19, 9) visited Rethymno for the holiday and we're pleased to be sent to Veneto for Christmas Eve dinner. We paid only $35 Euros per person for the specialty menu and loved every bite. The service was amazing, kind and accommodating. I would not hesitate to recommend this amazing, quaint restaurant. Simply delightful!

1  Thank Elizabeth S
VENETOSUITES, Manager at Veneto Wine Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Veneto and your wonderful feedback.

I'm so pleased to hear that you chose to celebrate Christmas Eve with us , that you enjoyed the Christmas dinner and your overall experience.
We wish for you and your family to have a happy new year and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kind Regards
Manager

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Although I hate restaurant touts, this was one that I'm SO glad we believed. He claimed a beautiful courtyard inside & as we walked in, we weren't disappointed. Set in a 15th century Venetian mansion, the courtyard garden is lovely and peaceful with hanging plants and a little waterfall.

Staff were friendly & explained the specials. Snails in cous cous was delicious as was the pepper steak which was cooked to perfection. The lamb in vine leaves was too salty for me though. The waitress recommended the cheese cake & it was the best we had in Crete. Very tasty & so light. I tried the sfakiani pie- like a pancake with a salty cheese inside and honey. I found the goats cheese just too salty & farmy. There is a 150yr old wine cellar with a extensive range of wines.

At the end all other tables were given a plate of fresh cut fruit and shots of raki- as is common in other restaurants. We were given a complimentary dish of very sweet raisins in syrup. It was nice, but considering we paid E 80 for the meal I'm unsure why we weren't given raki too?

The pleasant atmosphere of the courtyard was the best we had in Crete, although the meal wasn't quite perfect, it was still delicious. I'd certainly recommend it.

1  Thank dalton1skiing

Dear Guests
Thank you for your review of Veneto Restaurant. I'm pleased to hear that you were impressed with the quality of the food throughout your meal and thank you for mentioning our dishes. Despite this I am really sorry that you were left disappointed with the complimentary dish that you received which is traditional cretan homemade dessert. We always offer it with raki to our guests. It was probably forgotten by our member of staff to offer raki to you .I can assure you that this is far from our usual standard and I will be looking in to this further to avoid it happening again. I hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Kind Regards,