All reviews close to the airport airport stopover swimming pool rooms are basic the bus an early morning flight lovely pool spent two nights great holiday late arrival the ground floor nice breakfast short stay lilies crete supermarket backpackers
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We initially booked two nights here but ended up staying for six nights. Sophia (Angelina Jolie!) & Ki Ki at reception & Rini & Niko in the restaurant were so nice & friendly, they really made this visit to Crete so special for us. We would highly recommend staying here if you plan on visiting Heraklion.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful place for an airport stopover & is very easy to find even in the dark.
The welcome & friendly attitude of the staff is nice.
Although no evening food is served here the receptionist directed us to a good taverna only a couple of minutes away.
Breakfast buffet in the morning provided everything we needed & the homemade lemonade was delicious.
The rooms are basic but excellent value for the price paid & adequate for an airport stopover

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2016

The Hotel met us early in the morning long before the booking starts (02 p.m.). The host allowed my 3 year old daughter and me take a breakfast at their dining room, that was very pleasant for us. We were provided with a temporary room to change clothes, keep bags till the room will be available. So the first meeting was excellent, and the same impression stayed all our stay there.
The breakfast was tasty for both of us. Small sized flatware, such as forks, we very comfortable for my kid.
The rooms were going to be cleaned everyday, but the cleaning lady used to appear exactly at the time of my baby's dreaming, so I had to refuse of that service almost every time.
The territory is not so big, but that was enough for a little girl.
The sea and the beach are about 15 minutes on foot, it's very good to have a walk there and back. Plenty of cafes are around, so you won't be hungry.
By the way, most complain about a noise from the airport at the sea shore, it's a matter of taste. My little girl and me were both absolutely hypnotised with a beauty of the planes that are gliding down the sea surface. It was aneye-turner every time!

The lady hostess was so kind at the departure time that provided my girl and me with a food for a road. Thank her very much!
The hotel left good impressions, I think, I will be glad to return there.
My main recommendation is to strengthen WiFi extent to help visitors use WiFi not only near reception. It was unavailable in the rooms, an important detail which is needed to be improved, really.

Room Tip: accessibility, low price, airplane views
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2016

Location, friendly staff, price.
Surprisingly good hotel - we were welcomed by a very welcoming young man at the front desk and got on request a room on the ground floor.
We had read that their restaurant was closed - probably because the season was coming to an end.
We ate at a small tavern on the opposite side of the road - about only 50 m distance - OLGA - recommended - delicious prepared food and very cheap.
The reception arranged for taxi to the airport the next morning.
We can recommend the hotel - even for several days.

Room Tip: Ask for view to the garden or pool.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2016

Good sized room, with fridge, TV, air con, balcony+very nice breakfast was included+very nice pool area+10 minutes walk to beach+very helpful, friendly staff, especially Sofia, who helped me with my day trips, and George, a technology wizard, who unfroze my laptop. Thanks to both of them.
Only issue is location. 20 minutes to town by public bus.

Room Tip: Ground floor best for wifi in your room
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo