We had checked out Trip Adviser prior to making this booking and had been pleased with the rating and positive comments. However, this hotel I feel is sailing on previous good reviews received from when the hotel was offering better facilities.
No taverna, no great atmosphere, no friendly staff. All the things that had sold it to us.
The pool area is adequate with sunloungers/umbrellas and a bar area, always seemed quiet.
The beds, very hard, linen changed every other day.
Breakfast was basic, overseen by a rather snappy, miserable lady. Don't question the availability of more coffee etc. should they run out!!
Also I tried to asked for information on cashpoint/exchange.(Not available in Kateros). No help just shrugged.
Bakery across the street is lovely and very reasonably priced too. Also the taverna (turned left outside hotel and just across street on the right). A godsend!. Lovely staff, really great food (extra large servings) with free desserts/drinks offered and very reasonable.
Just not what we hoped for, no warm welcome, homely feel, atmosphere................shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smart family run hotel near Heraklion (10 minutes from the airport). Pool with pool bar (seasonal) and breakfast dining area. 250m from the sandy beach of Karteros. Local shops and beach bars. A very quiet hotel. Car hire and local horse riding. 3*** rating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Prince Of Lillies reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Of Lillies Hotel Heraklion
- Prince Of Lillies Heraklion, Crete