All reviews roof terrace rooftop breakfast breakfast is served clean linen and towels local preserves twin bedroom the owner old town excellent location antique furniture a harbour view room great view of the harbor boiled eggs lovely hotel rooms are big the ground floor beautiful courtyard
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

Just 2 mins from harbour. Great roof top views of Chania. Friendly helpful staff. Clean.
Just a basic breakfast of bread roll and coffee.
Bit noisy in the rooms that overlook the harbour. Shower was cramped.

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Generally this is a great place to stay. The location is fantastic and the roof terrace gives the best views of Chania of anywhere I've ever stayed there. The staff are very pleasant and the rooms are clean with lovely linen. I went with my Mum and we had a 2 bed suite on the first floor which was fine altho' I wouldn't describe the bathroom as lavish(the word used in the hotel description). There's a slightly rickety feel to things - the kettle in our room had too short a cable to stand anywhere except on the bin and some of the finishing in the room was amateur but this is entirely typical of Crete and could be said to add to the place's charm. Perhaps because my bedroom faced onto the street, it was quite noisy - between the church bells and the almost constant coming and going of people(mostly on motorbikes) I didn't get a great deal of sleep but it was the weekend and very warm for October so maybe it's quieter at other times.Rooms that look over the harbour are probably less noisy.

Room tip: The directions given aren't much help if roads are closed - ring to check before setting off as Chania is a tricky place to drive through and the hotel isn't easy to find.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Pandora Suites is perfectly located in the old Venetian Port part of Chania. Their rooftop is used for breakfast and relaxing while taking in the view of the harbor and old town. I believe the rooftop provides the best view in the city. This alone makes Pandora Suites a top choice. The staff is wonderful. We arrived around 11PM after being delayed by traffic and the hotel manager waited on us to let us in. They usually go home around 9PM. I felt horrible about it, but she told me not to worry and that it was alright. Very classy. The only reason I didn't rate the hotel as excellent is that the bathroom could have been a little larger. Not much room for a shower in the lower level room. But this would not prevent me from coming back to this great location and accommodating staff.

Room tip: Be sure to arrange late arrivals or early departures. The staff does not stay on duty after 9PM, but they are always available by phone if needed.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We are a young couple from NYC that arrived in Chiani a bit nervous because we did not have a reservation booked. After looking at the reviews we were in luck that Pandora Suites had 1 room left and went with it. It was absolutely perfect! Close to the harbor so we could easily walk down to eat and shop but down a quieter street so sleeping there was great. The hotel itself was filled with charm, tall ceilings with wood beams, blue shutters, and candlelit lamps and plenty of plants with a very clean inviting lobby with a colorful mural. Breakfast was perfect up on the roof deck with a very friendly staff members. When we go back I am booking there in advance for sure. A perfect place to stay in old town Chania.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AllieL830
Reviewed 18 August 2012

This was my third time in Pandora's Suites - and every time the place fails to dissapoint me in the slightest bit. This is an old town house built around a small courtyard - the building is elegantly refurbished and you have a feeling of a holiday back in the 1900's (the lack of TVs help - makes the place very quiet). The views of the harbour and the old city are nothing sort of spectacular. Especially at night with all the lights, the lighthouse just across...The rooms are big and the staff is very, very helpful with everything. Totally recommended - a great place to explore one of the most beautiful and historic towns in Greece.

Room tip: Rooms at the fromt have amazing views - but the rooms at the back are more quiet...
Date of stay: July 2012