Lowest prices for your stay
USD 165
USD 165
Agoda.com
USD 139
Hotels.comUSD 165
PricelineUSD 165
CheapTicketsUSD 165
All reviews the bus great hotel old town premium room pool area rain shower convenient location breakfast buffet recommend this hotel nice pool few minutes walk rental car venetian harbour bottle of wine crete gym port
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 October 2020

I have stayed in many nice, luxurious hotels across the world and this one trumps them all.
A mere stroll from the city of Xania or the bus station (A popular drop of point) and this little slice of heaven awaits.
Clearly caterering for a business clientele it serves all needs more than comfortably.
At check in I was offered a warm welcome and a free upgrade.
Upon entering my spacious and tastefully appointed room, I was met with complimentary Rakia and a local treats platter.
Breakfast was the best and most extensive I'd been offered in Greece and the service from both Cassos (a clear family man who remembered both my name and order from day one of my stay) and Despina (friendly and sociable staff member always aiming to please the guest) was faultless.
Nothing was too much trouble.
Both the Hansa rain shower and the extra large, extra comfy bed were the best I had ever experienced in hotels across the globe.
Upon leaving I was given a complimentary late check out, greeted with a fruit platter and bottle of local wine and the offer to spend the rest of the afternoon by the pool.
The housekeeping was impeccable as was the service from all staff. Nothing was too much trouble to ask at anytime.
I split my stay with another hotel in Xania that cost more than the Samarian so I could compare the two and it was a decision I later regretted.
You can not go wrong with this hotel and I will not hesitate to recommend this establishment, it's staff and personally look forward to returning.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Theshinkfields
Reviewed 5 October 2020

I have used tripadvisor for many years but this is the first time I have felt the strong urge to leave a review. This hotel is absolutely fantastic, 10/10.

I booked it for my partner Mairead's birthday and we have spent 5 wonderful nights here over September and October 2020. The staff are all very kind, considerate and offer a great level of service and professionalism. The hotel itself is furnished to very high specifications and details (both my partner and I are interior designers in the hospitality industry). The quality of food and beverages is ridiculously high for their price point (the club sandwich from the snack menu and old fashioned cocktails are personal highlight). The location, a mere 5 minute walk from the center situates the hotel perfectly. In terms of covid - everyone and everything was in line with the local regulations. This is perfect for both tourists and business visitors to Chania.

I honestly cannot fault it at all and we both wish them all the best for the year ahead. We will be recommending to everyone we can and hope to visit again next year.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank Phil P
Reviewed 1 October 2020

I'm not sure what I can say...from 5 weeks before I arrived and needed to book a taxi, they were on hand to organise it. Nothing was too much trouble from even before I arrived. Upon arrival I was met by 2 very friendly staff members both wearing either masks or face shields. The lobby was spotless. Check in was a breeze and so efficient. My stay being during Covid, the porter let me get in the first lift and then got in the second lift by himself with my bag to ensure we were not in close proximity to each other. Breakfast is an extremely flexible affair, from 7 to 11am so even if you're planning an early morning boat trip (as I did) or out late the night before and need a late bite (which I also did) everything was catered for! All tables were outside and separated and it's table service for everything. What can I say about the food except it's DELISH! No greasy fry ups, good hearty food with a mix of Greek in it. FYI order the Cretan scrambled egg it's top notch. There's no fighting for sunbeds or possessive towel laying from 6am in the morning as the sunbeds are only put out after breakfast at 11am so everyone has a fair chance. Sunbeds all separated too. I was a solo traveler but I was never made to feel awkward or in the way. The staff were helpful, made me feel right at home offered drinks and food and were there all throughout the day if I ever needed anything. The hotel gives you freshly laundered towels in a bag before going out to the pool. The pool is magnificent also. Fantastic suntrap. While I never tried the dinner in the restaurant, the cocktails were superb! The hotel is literally a 5 minute walk from the lighthouse and all the bars, places to eat and shops. It's the perfect location. All the staff were incredible, I have nothing negative to say about any aspect of my trip except that I had to leave after a week and that I didn't book two weeks! I will be back in 2021, probably around May or June and I will be staying at this hotel for sure. It's a gem right in the city center. Thanks for such an amazing stay and thank you for making me feel so welcome as a solo traveler. Not many places have mastered how to deal with solo travelers but this place has it down to a T.

1  Thank Sorcha Q
Reviewed 27 September 2020

We had a great stay at Samaria hotel. The staff went out of their way to make our stay perfect. They gave us a free room upgrade and even surprised us with champagne and cake in celebration of our wedding anniversary. Would definitely stay again!

1  Thank joakimsfs_
Reviewed 26 September 2020

Loved my stay at Samaria Hotel.... from the airport take the bus (no need to do taxi or arrange shuttle bus) as the bus literally drops you at the hotel(next door). The hotel staff were wonderful and attentive and helped with everything we needed....we hired a rental from across the road...it was the cheapest in town for a two day rental too see the gorgeous beaches Breakfast was in point and the shower was excellent. Great hotel to stay for a week... hassle free in a great location

1  Thank Seaside80613