“Fresh pasta, delightful food”
Review of osteria pan e vin

osteria pan e vin
Ranked #191 of 448 Restaurants in Chania Town
Price range: USD 14 - USD 29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2016

A little place tucked out of the way, with delightful service and food. You definitely should pick from the fresh pasta selections, which were wonderful. Tiny but well worth the visit.

Reviewed 22 October 2015

I wanted to like this after having looked at the reviews online.

It started off quite badly when we arrived in the evening and the owner(I suppose) wanted to offer us the tiny table far away in the dark, and then we told him we wanted a better one. Apparently he took the best table in the house(and the only one that was really available) and put his things on it to sit around and read a book while people are eating, saving the table for himself. Very unprofessional.

First we ordered buffalo mozzarella with tomatoes. That was fine. Looked nice. I ordered the tagliatelle with porcini, and my partner ordered the gnocchi with butter. It took forever and he never, ever came by to see how we were. My dish should have just been called "salt" because that's all it was with a mushroom here and there. It was inedible and looked like nothing. My partner's gnocchi was overcooked and grainy, mushy, they had no definition. Neither dish had any sauce, just some oil and all the salt in Crete had been dumped on them. We joked that her dish could be called "rocks in a well" because they were so miserably few gnocchi and the bowl was steep, so it felt like you had to crane your neck to see the food in the dish. When we told the guy running the place that it was so salty, he smugly smirked a very fake "sorry" and offered us no real apology or explanation or replacement or anything. He also never brought any form of dessert, which after prices like those and such garbage food, is robbery. Go somewhere else. This was a total ripoff.

Reviewed 11 October 2015

Real italian tastes, combined with a perfect picturisque small pedestrian street location, a nice selection of wines and a friendly service. What else can you ask for?

1  Thank NinaKrasoudaki
Reviewed 20 September 2015

Happened to book a room in this authentic old town B and B in the center of Chania.
Discovered that the owner, Antonio, held a few tables on the front sidewalk terrace for evening service.
Decided to try the short menu of salads, pasta and wine.
Happened to fall on authentic, home cooked, fresh pasta with market buys of the day.
Best vinaigrette, best prosciutto and peccorino on arugula, best al dente gittara.

Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

The (always happy) owner is Italian, so he knows how pasta has to be cooked! His skills are amazing! The fresh homemade pasta is always tastier than the packed of course...but that guy is an artist on cooking!!! I tasted the most delicious salad I have ever eat (all of them!). My favorite salad is this one with the crispy graviera cheese! The combination of the ingredients and the balance in flavor is amazing on everything he offers!
I live in Chania, so I am going there as often as I can!!!
I totally suggest this place for pasta and salad lovers!

*I think that pan e vin is open in the afternoon only, but I am not sure...

1  Thank angeliki3007