We booked for 7 nights in a bungalow with shared pool. The bungalow was clean & spacious & had all the extras we had arranged.
The food in the main buffet restaurant was varied, hot & ample supply all over seen by the delightful Manolis. There was always a table avaliable for us, and we tipped on our 1st evening & there after, consequently, water was brought to our table without asking, wine glasses filled etc....Manolis is a very attentive member of staff and makes sure that the staff are doing the best that they can.
We went to the Lobster night (E40 extra per person) & the Mexican a la carte both were over seen by another wonderful member of staff called Manolis. The food was good on both occassions, the only dowbside was the noise of the kiddies disco & karaoke throughout, as both setting are outside above the stage area. If you are looking for ambience with the Lobster night forget it unless you can zone out the 'Music Man' screaming.
We noticed on our 2nd day that other hotel guests were using the pool allocated for the bungalows only, this wasn't an issue as the hotel wasn't full but in high season it could be.
The beach is non descript and a fee is charged for sunbeds.
The town centre is a lovely place to wander during the evenings & only 12 Euros return in a taxi.
The 1 BIG PROBLEM at this hotel.....the BEDS! Just rock hard, solid lumps I had to check that they actually had mattresses on them!! I told the Thomson rep and the hotel put a piece of foam on top about 1/2 inch thick which was no use at all, so another one on top of that....after 3 nights without any sleep I was exhausted and fell asleep on the sunbed. I discussed this with Manolis (no 2) and he said that the hotel had received compliants before and were going to try to sort it out.
This is a great hotel which has great staff, spotlessly clean, excellent location, good food....just please replace the beds and we'll be back in a shot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impeccable resort on the Aegean Sea with elegant facilities and professional service is the ideal choice for those wanting to spend a luxurious holiday in Greece, either as a family or a couple. Its surroundings and landscape that can be seen from the rooms, terraces and swimming pools are spectacular. Furthermore, it is only a few miles from the center of the town of Agios Nikolaos, which has a lively nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, HotelQuickly, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mirabello Beach & Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Mirabello Beach & Village Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Iberostar Mirabello Beach And Village
- Iberostar Agios Nikolaos
- Iberostar Hotel Mirabello Village
- Mirabello Beach & Village Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos