“Charming Italian in heart of Athens”

Aglio, Olio & Peperoncino
Ranked #537 of 2,769 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: USD 29 - USD 44
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Thissio / Makriyanni
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Understated but with lots of character, we enjoyed dinner at this neighbourhood Italian. Perfectly cooked pasta, well priced and friendly, welcoming service. A lovely meal.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

The service was slow. Frustratingly, considering I was solo, and the only other table was a couple. I was skeptical. I gave it five more minutes, then I was going to walk. Then the waitress was able to stop by. My last night in Athens, so what's the rush, I told my self. And then, the food. I could smell the sage being freshly chopped. I could see the chef preparing my pasta. It was magical. The dish - beautiful pasta with speck and sage with butter and a soft Greek cheese similar to ricotta was one of the best I've ever had. No too rich. A bit salty - generous with the speck! The wine was perfect. Skip the bread. The olives were yum. Why this place was not packed is beyond me. It takes time. The service is average. The food? Beyond compare. Go. Now.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Near the Acropolis Museum and restaurant row hawking every day for your business, this small Italian option is one block over on a side street. We had a group of 9. We went by the evening before to make a reservation. They were very hesitant to take our large group since they have a very small kitchen and food comes out as it is prepared. We assured them we wanted to take our time and enjoy the evening and that would be ok. The food was great. We went early (8 when they opened) so that helped them as most of their regulars come later.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Cozy and quiet Italian restaurant in Athens. Delicious pasta dishes. Relaxing atmosphere. If you go, be sure to have time to sit and relax because the dishes take a while to come out. Enjoy a bottle of wine while you wait. Filled with local Greeks, so you know it's a good spot. Closes early in Sunday (about 6:45pm) and not open Monday.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

We stopped in here Friday night around 21:30 or so - the restaurant has a wonderful intimate atmosphere with just the right amount of lighting to set a relaxing mood. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful, but the wait time was a bit long. There were about three other tables of people in there, and meals were prepared in order (so we waited about half an hour for our plates of pasta). However, the food was excellent and worth the wait! The food was slightly expensive (11-14 euros a plate) but definitely a good choice for a good dinner! Would go here again.