“Do not miss it !!”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Thissio / Makriyanni
Description: The cuisine, most loyal at its place of origin, Mani, is flirting with recipes from all over Greece, with a modern approach, using traditional and healthy products of Mani and Peloponnisos.
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We have been dining there for many years but it is amazing how this cute restaurant is getting better and better. Alexandros , the chef and Yolanda, his beautiful and always smiling wife in the dinning are, a are ready to do the extra mile in order to meet your expectations, even the highest !
In case you are looking for excellent creative Greek cuisine under a very acceptable quality price ratio ( 1 salad, 3 appetizers, 3 main courses, 3 desserts, 3 espresso coffees, 1 bottle of good wine = 103 Euros !) please GO there. You will not regret !

1  Thank AthensADav

Reviewed 26 January 2012

First the good bits: nice restaurant, classy decor and classy crowd, a bit too bright for me, but I would take a date there.

Everything else was disappointing, particularly the food but also the service.

I ordered the house (mani mani) salad and it was outstanding - large too. Perhaps because of that, before I finished I got my crispy pasta, which were barely lukewarm when i finally got to them. They might as well have been fried dough - but tasteless even for fried dough, with no salt, seasoning or spice to be discerned and an indistinct mince filling that barely registered among all the dough. Then I got my Mani Mani sausage which was about as good as the sausage bits I get daily at the breakfast buffet at the 3-star Airotel Parthenon.

The service was equally bad. Even after i had sipped my glass of water down to nothing - they opened a large 2-Euro bottle without asking, and it is not even possible to take such a large glass bottle with you, talk about sly - they did not bother pouring, even as i struggled to open the tight screw top with one hand. I had to ask for the check a second time nearly 15 minutes after the first - it is just a check guys, surely that does not need much preparation?

Although i put down my platinum card, i did not tip.

The purpose of TA is multiplicity of views and i am sure mine will be averaged out, but i cant rate it too highly. and most of the reason i am not giving it a1-star has to do with its location and ambience, not its food or service.

5  Thank Mustihaveone
Reviewed 24 January 2012

The food was good and service was excellent. Staff were very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. This was one of the restaurants that we returned to because it was one of the best in Athens. Would not have any hesitation in recommending as could not fault it.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

My husband and myself had lunch here on September, the food was wonderful, we could not fault a thing, the staff were very helpful and it was a really great experience.Overall though the food, service and wines were excellent and well worth your time and money for a visit.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

What a hidden gem! Tucked away near the Acropolis Museum, this little gem of a restaurant is a must-visit for locals and tourists alike. The service impecable, the no-smoking rule seems to be enforced (unlike most other establishments in the city!) and the food is delicious and very reasonably priced. I went with a group of friends and we essentially ordered one of everything from the starters-menu with nothing disappointing. A new twist on traditional Greek food (some dishes had hints of Indian spices), next time I'm in Athens I will be visiting this wonderful taverna again!

1  Thank Penelope G