“Great value for money”
Review of Centrotel Hotel

Centrotel Hotel
Ranked #20 of 284 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We are an older couple and stayed three nights in this hotel. We found the staff to be, without exception, thoroughly professional and welcoming. Our room was very clean and comfortable, and everything worked. Breakfast was individually served and more than sufficient to set us up for a day's sight-seeing. Transport to Athens central is close-by and convenient. The neighbourhood is a little run-down but nobody should be put off by that. Centrotel Hotel is a very pleasant place to stay and great value for money. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rodney W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Arriving in Athens with some nervousness about what we would find the hospitality here was overwhelming. Reception helped us sort out our hire car by ringing the company for us and organising a better pick up point- all for no charge. THe room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast excellent. It is a short walk from the nearest station, and while it is not in the most luxurious neighborhood, it proved an exceptional place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank weatherlakes
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights! Great location, amazing staff, clean and great value for money! Recomend ++++

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Jubegz
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I stayed for 2 nights after election day in Athens.

I registered for a pre-paid, non-refundable, small double room to get a good price. Much to my surprise, I was given a much larger room at the same price ...as a welcome benefit. Cool.

Rooms are very clean, furniture is new, the jacuzzi is great... but please, spend a few minutes and find the switch that turns the LED lights on, right above your head for a starry night. You will love it!

A big warm thank you to all the people of the staff.
Everybody is highly professional, welcoming, helpful and friendly. And smiling.
Haven't tested their Italian but all of them speak a first class english.

At my arrival back home I found an email from the hotel. I could expect it was the typical 'customer satisfaction survey'. Instead, the email said they found a usb key I forgot in my room, and that they were happy to ship it to my address. Lovely.

The (in)famous area. I was ready to anything after I read some previous entries here. Ok, I must admit Viktoria is no Monastiraki or Syntagma, but hey - I came back by walk at midnight twice, and it was definitely safe. Just keep your generic safety measures as you would do walking back home at midnight in any big city in Europe outside city centre, the street may look a bit unusual but it's safe.

Would definitely recommend it - and will come back for sure!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Puccio_La_Pentola
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We approached the hotel from Victoria station on foot and as soon as we entered the hotel were pleasantly surprised by the lobby. The decor, tidiness and air conditioning were soothing. At the reception we met Petros. Extremely helpful staff gave us room upgrade and check-in was 5 mins. The room was again above our expectations- spacious for a couple, free wi-fi, fridge, air conditioner, large mirrors, and spotless. Bathroom had all the necessary toiletries complimentary and the relaxing jacuzzi. For the price we paid about 50 e/ night this is the best hotel ever for value(amenities and service). Both me and my wife were extremely satisfied and wouldn't think twice recommending it to anyone. We also met at the reception Giorge and Dani, again charming and very helpful.
The laressa station is also equally close, carrefour super market is 3-4 mins by walk and all major attractions within 10-15 mins by metro..
Go for it.