All reviews welcome drink atrium view junior suite church square rooftop restaurant the air conditioning unit great location huge bathroom roof garden an amazing view your luggage amazing hotel i highly recommend this hotel downtown athens enjoyed our stay restaurants and bars walking distance
Reviewed 25 November 2017

I stayed with friends for four days at the Zillers hotel and it is the best hotel experience I even had. The rooms are beautiful and the service is amazing. We were treated like queens! The restaurant is amazing for both breakfast and dinner. The choice of food for breakfast is amazing and the view of Parthenon is breathtaking. I will definitely go back whenever I am back in Athens. Hopefully I can also share this experience with my husband next time.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank soshilimindri
Reviewed 24 November 2017

I stayed at the Zillers 3 night mid November (a friend of mine was running the marathon). The neoclassical townhouse is small but really nice. You might pass by without notice it's an hotel, the entrance is very discreet and it's part of the charm of this house. There’s no lobby – just a tiny reception desk.I was staying in a Junior suite n° 101. The room was nicely decorated, with a nice long balcony, overlooking the church and the Acropolis. The first night I was able to watch a wedding from my beautiful balcony and I enjoyed it very much. The bathroom is in marble and is really nice and big with a walk-in shower. By the way I enjoyed very much the amenities and the day of my departure I went to the department store Attica to buy the same shower gel and buy lotion O.Live. I think they should either give an extra set of towels as they do not do the turn down the bed. Furthermore, they should pay more attention with the washing of the towels which turned "yellow". The first night I could hear the bell of the church but the second night it was fine. The staff is very pleasant. The view from the rooftop is amazing. Like other guests, I would really suggest them to set up a buffet for the breakfast. Though there are only 10 rooms, the waitress could be overworked and service can be slow at busy time. Regarding breakfast, you have to pre-order it the night before from a menu. I really think it would be more simple to display a buffet. At night, the bar becomes popular with quite a lot of locals and the atmosphere is very nice. So if you plan to have dinner, you better reserve especially during weekend. The location is just the best ! The hotel is located between Monastiraki place and Syntagma, close to all major sites and to Place. Strolling in the streets of Plaka was a real pleasure especially in T-shirt in November !!! I would strongly suggest to put a little bit more money and opt for a room with a view (does have to be a junior suite) because the room with atrium view are really dark and you can feel oppressed. The atrium is really really small ! One important point, the hotel is located on a one way narrow and very busy street so if you take a cab to go to the airport, add an additional 20 minutes. The Zillers is a nice charming hotel. However, if you are looking for an experience with all the service and amenities from a deluxe hotel, this is not the place. The Zillers remains a lovely experience and I will return when I come back to Athens.

Room Tip: Definitely opt for a room overlooking the Acropolis. Be aware of the bells of the church which can be a nuisance for some guests.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank MicheleParis
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Beautiful, newly renovated boutique hotel with modern furniture against classic architecture. The staff go above and beyond especially the two concierges during our stay (29-31.10), breakfast was very tasty, and the view is perfect. Relaxing stay overall. It's located in the heart of Athens so sights are walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel and would book again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We had a fabulous stay at the Zillers hotel - everything was great, starting with the very friendly and helpful staff, over to the beautifully restored and furnished building, and ending with the best breakfast Athens has to offer. Looking forward to come back again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank L4142PSfionah
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Fabulous views of the Acropolis from the restaurant/breakfast terrace. Excellent location... walking distance to all the main sites and great restaurants, markets nearby. Beautifully appointed suite & bathroom. Excellent leisurely breakfast on the terrace was a real highlight of our stay. The hotel sent us a link to "Welcome Pickups" for transfers to and from the airport... they were excellent, we can highly recommend them. All staff were lovely... so helpful, professional and friendly.

The air conditioning unit was too close to the bed... noisy & draughty.

Stayed: September 2017