I stayed at the Zillers 3 night mid November (a friend of mine was running the marathon). The neoclassical townhouse is small but really nice. You might pass by without notice it's an hotel, the entrance is very discreet and it's part of the charm of this house. There’s no lobby – just a tiny reception desk.I was staying in a Junior suite n° 101. The room was nicely decorated, with a nice long balcony, overlooking the church and the Acropolis. The first night I was able to watch a wedding from my beautiful balcony and I enjoyed it very much. The bathroom is in marble and is really nice and big with a walk-in shower. By the way I enjoyed very much the amenities and the day of my departure I went to the department store Attica to buy the same shower gel and buy lotion O.Live. I think they should either give an extra set of towels as they do not do the turn down the bed. Furthermore, they should pay more attention with the washing of the towels which turned "yellow". The first night I could hear the bell of the church but the second night it was fine. The staff is very pleasant. The view from the rooftop is amazing. Like other guests, I would really suggest them to set up a buffet for the breakfast. Though there are only 10 rooms, the waitress could be overworked and service can be slow at busy time. Regarding breakfast, you have to pre-order it the night before from a menu. I really think it would be more simple to display a buffet. At night, the bar becomes popular with quite a lot of locals and the atmosphere is very nice. So if you plan to have dinner, you better reserve especially during weekend. The location is just the best ! The hotel is located between Monastiraki place and Syntagma, close to all major sites and to Place. Strolling in the streets of Plaka was a real pleasure especially in T-shirt in November !!! I would strongly suggest to put a little bit more money and opt for a room with a view (does have to be a junior suite) because the room with atrium view are really dark and you can feel oppressed. The atrium is really really small ! One important point, the hotel is located on a one way narrow and very busy street so if you take a cab to go to the airport, add an additional 20 minutes. The Zillers is a nice charming hotel. However, if you are looking for an experience with all the service and amenities from a deluxe hotel, this is not the place. The Zillers remains a lovely experience and I will return when I come back to Athens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering amazing views of the Acropolis, this intimate 4 star boutique hotel is centrally situated in historic Plaka, possibly the most charming Athens neighborhood. -Acropolis: 500 m. -Monastiraki Flea Market district: 300 m. -Syntagma Square/ Metro Station: 300 m. -Ancient Agora: 600 m. -National Archaeological Museum: 2 km -Keramikos/ Ancient Cemetery: 2 km ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Zillers Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magna Grecia Boutique Athens
- Hotel Magna Grecia Boutique
- Magna Grecia Hotel