“Worthwhile find”

Ranked #125 of 325 Hotels in Athens
Corby, United Kingdom
“Worthwhile find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

The staff at this hotel really go that extra mile to ensure your stay is memorable. From the time we arrived until leaving, nothing was too much. They always made sure we had the right directions to where we wanted and even went on to the street to find a cab when we departed. The breakfast buffet was a wonderful spread and evening meals were well worth the cost. The room was a nice size and well decorated. Located about a 15 minute walk north of the main sights, the hotel was handy for the railway and bus stations.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Haynest

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Santa Barbara, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

My husband and I choose the Art Hotel (he is an artist) to spend my 50th birthday holiday! What an exceptionally lovely boutique hotel! The rooms were appointed in such a thoughtful manner. The hotel itself was filled with one of a kind art and hung thru out the lobby and dining room, halls and rooms. BUT most of all, the staff (A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MY LOVELY LADIES) made our trip to Athens a huge success. They were helpful in everything... hailing cabs and ensuring we had a fair fare, dinner reservations (especially for the 50th celebration) at the Orizontes atop Lycabettus with a fabulous view of the Acropolis, directions, etc. They truly went the extra mile to make my birthday a memorable one! Should our travels bring us to Athens once more, The Art Hotel is a sure stop for us.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank nyladee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

My stay in this hotel was incredible. I arrived at the hotel early in the morning and I confess that I found rather strange location, but the hotel is close to the Acropolis and National Archaeological Museum. The rooms are very clean, the bed is good, window anti noise in the rooms. What impressed me most was that the hotel staff. Very helpful and friendly, hard to find in many hotels I've been in Greece. So if I go back to Athens, I'll be back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

The staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating which made all the difference. It was above and beyond customer service. We wanted separate beds and they easily transferred us to another room. We even received a complimentary drink when we arrived. The hotel and rooms are unique. The hotel needs to be modernized and so does the Intercontinental Athens where I've also stayed but not at Intercontinental prices. And the one bonus, my room had a jacuzzi bathtub for free whereas the Intercontinental made me, a priority club member, pay entrance at the spa to use the jacuzzi.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

THe overall experience with the hotel was good. The staff is very helpful. Its a very basic hotel and requires modernisation. I wouldnt mind going there again as it is cheap and as a tourist, I just need a bed to crash on.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple