1,598 results
All reviews rooftop pool nice hotel executive floor business hotel per day free wifi shuttle bus syntagma square metro station mini bar top floor enjoyed my stay restaurants and bars superior room main attractions visit athens central athens
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Nice enough hotel and quite well located for my needs. But I have stayed in many hotels in Athens as a very frequent business visitor, and never have I experienced the following before:

I have been here 5 nights. On arrival I asked if I could please arrange a late checkout for today, as I have an early evening flight. I was told right then that I almost certainly could but reconfirm later in the week.

Yesterday I asked again and was told probably yes but reconfirm this morning (checkout day) and they will be happy to do if they have availability. So I have just done so, they have availability, but they want 100 Euros for this!?

I have already paid 1,500 for the room and have used housekeeping once during my stay in order to prevent wasted effort and expense for the hotel. I had also not been told they would charge me in either of my earlier enquiries.

This is very poor from my perspective. Many other Athens hotels are far more helpful with such small parting gestures. I now have to leave my case and hang out in cafes using only public toilets until 6.30pm, with very bad weather outside, whilst the room sits pointlessly empty.

A little goes a long way with a frequent business traveller. The charge itself isn’t a problem, but I strongly object to the principle. A hotel at this price point should be about exceptional customer service and going above and beyond. Not clawing a few more euros for nothing from people who have already paid handsomely to be here. Management take note. I am leaving with a sour taste.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
DivanisCollection, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Divani Caravel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Ross Martin,

thank you for choosing Divani Caravel for your stay and for taking some time to share your review.

Kindly note, that due to international hospitality standards, the official check out of our hotel, is at 12.00 pm, we offer complimentary stay until 14.00, if someone needs it, but there is an extra charge from 14.00 onwards.

As a 5 star hotel, member of the Leading Hotels of the World, we strive to provide our guests exceptional services and experiences, so we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

A nice hotel with helpful staff. Their breakfast buffet is very good compared to the resort we stayed in Santorini. No car service but it is not too far to all sights and shops. Restaurants are nearby.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
DivanisCollection, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Divani Caravel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear ligayacruz,

We appreciate your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon, for an another divine experience, as a 5 star hotel, member of the Leading Hotels of the World.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

I stayed at the Divani Caravel on my family's summer trip to Athens and I was very impressed. The hotel was very modern and clean which made the stay feel very luxurious and special. As someone traveling from the US I had a lot of questions because I was not familiar with Greece at all. However, the employees at the front desk were always eager to help and were very informed. The food was also superb. The breakfast buffet had options for everyone and was so big that even after the fifth day I was not tired of the food and still had not tried everything. Also, coming in early July it was very hot in Athens and the rooftop pool was a favorite spot for my family. Not only was it refreshing to be able to jump in the pool, but the views from the rooftop were spectacular. I was pleased with my stay and will be recommending this hotel to any friends or family that may be traveling to Athens.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Kaitlin B,

thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding your most recent stay with us. It is great to hear from you and I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff courtesy and have taken the time to recognize the hospitality and care that we aim to provide for each and every guest. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to provide an
exceptional and memorable experience for every guest. We can't wait to give you another five star experience!

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

First visit to Athens, on business. Was impressed by the lobby and the open space, decor and overall impression.

Very friendly front desk staff.

There are a few restaurants just round the corner from the hotel if you want to experience some local food.

The breakfast was exquisite - offering a wide variety of continental as well as native cuisine.

Room was very comfortable! Especially the bed. I stayed in one of the executive rooms on the 6th floor.

Did not get a chance to test the rooftop pool. However, given that it is autumn already - not so inclined towards taking a swim under the blue skies.
Would certainly come back here for the service and quality.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
DivanisCollection, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Divani Caravel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear Kunal M,

We appreciate your kind comments about the friendly staff, the breakfast, the room and the roof top pool with the gorgeous views to the city of Athens and the Acropolis.

Will be our pleasure to welcome you back and offer you more divine moments and experiences.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

Convenient location. The Hotel is surrounded by bars, cafes and other amenities. Underground is within walking distance away (10 min.) Personnel is extremely helpful and friendly, very client orientated, excellent service. Enjoyed my staying at Divani. I'd definitely recommend it to groups and individuals.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear stepanis2018,

we appreciate the time you took to share your wonderful review for Divani Caravel, a 5 star hotel, member of the Leading Hotels of the World.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and offer you more divine moments and experiences.