“Disappointing stay, as definately not a 5 star hotel, but interestng hotel.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Classical Fashion House Hotel

Classical Fashion House Hotel
Ranked #223 of 334 Hotels in Athens
London
“Disappointing stay, as definately not a 5 star hotel, but interestng hotel.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2008

This hotel looks fantastic from the outside and trendy on the inside but with no swimming pool or any additional leisure facilities, this is just one reason why this is not a 5 star hotel. Some of the facilities offered in their brochure were not in my room ie CD player. Service was also not great as I had to ask reception at least twice if i needed anything,although I must confess all the staff were very polite and pleasant. I had no chair in my room, which was obviously missing from the desk, which I needed fto work on my laptop and therefore requested one twice, only to eventually be told I could bring my laptop downstairs!?
My room was a little trendy, but not to the degree that I expected from their advertisements, ie the walls were white and curtains were dirty and were coming away from the rail and olive green and bland. However, my bed was large and extremely comfortable. But my room was small with a view of 4 walls and the bathroom tiny ie I could just about get in it and close the door! (there was a great power shower though) The heating did not work!!!! And the window handle was broken which I disovered at 3am when i was frozen and then unfortunately got a cold! Instead of moving me I was told to call reception everytime i wanted the window open or closed, ie obviously a system implemented to cater for a common problem! This really annoyed me as it was Autumn with variable weather ,ie sunny and hot one minute and raining and cold the next and I hated having to bother reception, who I had to ask twice sometimes and I made sure I only opened and closed my window once a day.
All in all the hotel was interesting and trendy., shame about my room .

Stayed September 2008
2 Thank LondonLipstick

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2008

Just finished a very pleasant trip to the Grand O Hotel in Athens during the holidays. The Hotel was beautiful very trendy and minimalistic. A great breakfast buffet with organic food was a nice surprise also.They were also undergoing some restoration, nothing that affected us. The Hotel will also change its name to Fashion House Hotel 2.It has a great cafeteria which looks like a plane which they call fashion airways cafe. The Lobby is small but nice with a “Chanel” bike hanging above the desk.. Very nice is also the Food ball restaurant which looks like a football pitch. The hotel is located right in the center of Athens and only 10 seconds walk to the metro station of Omonia. The metro is by the way great, very clean and you can go everywhere without using one of the million taxis one can see in the busy roads of Athens. We were very lucky as we paid a low price for the room we had as they will change their rates for sure now it became a completely different hotel!

• Liked — the food ball restaurant, breakfast buffet, very practical location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank giannisCyprus
Juba, South Sudan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2007

Beware when you stay at this hotel (which I hope any and all avoid doing) because the place is infested with BEDBUGS! To find out more about those awful things, visit: [----] While that was my biggest problem with the place, there was more...the room we were in had only one window in the bathroom so it felt like being in a dungeon. And apparently their heating/cooling system didn't work because while we were there we called to ask about the sweltering heat and the only thing they could provide was a bellhop to come and open the windows to
the noisy street so we could leave them open to get air (and more bugs, smells, etc.). The place was under construction, although nobody (including hotels.com) told us that prior to booking and there was no restaurant so we had to go to another hotel and get our breakfast -- which kind of defeats the purpose of getting breakfast at your hotel...no pajamas and bagels for us. I would AVOID THIS PLACE
at all costs. Its not worth the over $100 price tag on the rooms and the worry that you will be taking home with you a serious bug infestation problem. BEWARE!!!

• Liked — The front doors were pretty
  • Disliked — Bedbugs!!!!
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DCglobetrotter07

Travellers are raving about these Athens hotels

Estoril, Portugal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2007

First Hotel Me and My Wife stayed on during our visit to Greece. We were doing a visit from Athens following to The Cyclades Islands (Mykonos, Paros, Delos and Santorini) of about 2 weeks time :)

We've stayed here for 2 nights and had some serious incidents with the lobby guy. For the last day of our stay we've asked in advance for a picnic breakfast for the next day as we were leaving very early to catch the boat to the islands. They accepted the request with no problem. After dinner, in the same day we stopped at the reception for checking things to leave the next day, and were surprised with the response that they didn't have any booking for the picnic breakfast and couldn't get it anymore as the kitchen was already closed. We insisted with the lobby guy as this was not a good service for a hotel of that sort. The breakfast lady was also at the reception and intervened by suggesting that they could leave a small breakfast at the cafeteria which suited us very well. The day after, we went back to the cafeteria for the so called small breakfast and we got: coffee, milk, cake and fried toasts. No butter or jelly! We went to the lobby and once more there was the same guy from last night. We asked for some butter or so for the toast and he said he couldn't help as the cafeteria wasn't open yet as it was too early and there was nothing more to say. We weren't pleased and asked for the complaint book (which is standard in EEU). First he pointed for the guest dedication book (we said it wasn't it), then pointed to the suggestion box! (Once more, it wasn't the complaint book), finally he said, and i quote: «We haven't got it here. This is Europe»!!!!
No comment! (By the way: we are from Europe) It would be funny if not sad.

The Hotel: This is a 5 star (for Greek standards) city hotel located on a uncharacteristic building of about 7 floors. The lobby is small with the reception, and a small cafeteria. The access to the rooms is made trough 2 very tinny elevators. On the 1st floor is the restaurant which is ok.

The Location: Good, on The Omonia square and with very good accesses (metro) so you can go everywhere from here. Good security - round the clock doorman, but the Omonia Square attracts some bad crowd.

The Room: Relatively small and not very interesting. It was although clean. The door to the bathroom has glass! but it doesn't bother us as we're a couple.

The Restaurant: 'A la card' service or buffet. The first we didn't try because it doesn't pay as the food is the same from the buffet. Not a very large selection of dishes, considering the 5 stars. Food buffet offer was not refilled for salads and deserts. There was literally no fruit available. Breakfast was nice though.

The Staff: Restaurant people where nice, specially the table lady. The lobby guy is a different thing. Very strict and impolite.

The Services: Cafeteria and Restaurant.

General Opinion: Definitely not a 5 star. Bad welcoming from the lobby. Not our first choice, but the ones we wanted were full Hera and Titania). If the is a next time we definitely wont go here, and try Titania instead.

Not worthy!

• Liked — Bed.
  • Disliked — Lobby staff.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Pedrosimp
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2007

The Grand O is a good hotel with a young, excellent, friendly, and helpful staff.. I arrived to find that my travel person had booked 2 rooms for me. The staff quickly solved the problem. I went to my room, found a minor problem with the sink stopper and the staff promptly solved that problem. I also managed to drop my cell phone in a cab, and the staff managed to track the phone down for me.

The room was not large, but acceptable. It was on the interior of the hotel with only a small window, but this shielded me from the non-stop noise from Omonia Square. The window couldn't be opened, but there is a climate control sysytem for the room. The room was kept very clean. Interestingly, the bathroom door is made of glass providing a full view of someone using the shower or toilet. Not a problem for me, but my friend asked me to go buy a newspaper when she had to borrow my room to freshen up.

Two tiny elevators are positioned in the hotel cafe (2 persons with modest suitcases are a maximum). The wireless internet was average over my 8 day stay (login requried a couple of tries, and the service was unavailable for the first 2 days). Breakfast is good, but not included in the room charge, and pricey at 12 euros. Best idea is to visit the local eateries for a pastry, juice, and coffee for 5 euros.

The hotel is immediately adjacent to the Omonia square and metro stop, making it very accessible to the rest of the city. You can easily take the metro from the airport to Symtagma square, switch lines and get off at Omonia next tot he hotel. However, the Omonia area is not very desirable at night. The hotel is very safe, with a security guard posted at the door 24/7.

I would not hesitate to revisit the Grand O.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — Omonia Square denizens
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business